My name is Nabila Husseni and being a female with rare bleeding disorder (factor 5 deficient) I am raising funds for Food truck. This initiative is about - Food Truck – Economic rehabilitation for the persons with Bleeding Disorders.It will be established at Vastrapur Lake –Ahmadabad city.
To provide Ahmedabad residents with a tantalizing food truck experience.
Bleeding disorders are a group of disorders that share the inability to form a proper blood clot. Some bleeding disorders, such as hemophilia, can be inherited or acquired.
Although there are many different types of bleeding disorders, here we emphasize more on hemophilia A (factor VIII deficiency), hemophilia B (factor IX deficiency), von Willebrand disease, and rare factor deficiencies including I, II, V, VII, X, XI, XII and XIII.
Symptoms of a bleeding disorder include:
- Bleeding into joints, muscles and soft tissues
- Excessive bruising
- Prolonged, heavy menstrual periods (menorrhagia)
- Unexplained nosebleeds
- Extended bleeding after minor cuts, blood draws or vaccinations, minor surgery or dental procedures.
This business will help the persons with bleeding disorder especially with hemophilia to lessen the financial burden caused due to the costly treatment of hemophilia – also it will help them to stand on their own without any stress and physical exercise. The food truck will be for the person with hemophilia (PWH) and will be owned by the PWH. There will be 3 partners in this who will be Person with Hemophilia and one pwh will be taking care of the thorough business.
Goals & Objectives:
- For people with a bleeding disorder, all jobs are not created equal. Finding a fulfilling career that can also support your health is an important goal.
- The more strenuous work a job entails, the more likely it will be to cause bleeds. Jobs, where you are on your feet all day, lifting heavy objects, or constantly traveling, may make it harder for you to minimize bleeding-related complications and maintain your health.
- Economic Rehabilitation for persons with hemophilia.
- Less stress – as one person will always be there to take care of the food truck.
- More income – by staying at home and keeping an eye on the business- which is another way can be helpful as the person with hemophilia can stay at home and take care of his/her health.
Please help me fulfill my dream by contributing towards my project or sharing this fundraiser with your friends and family!
We are grateful for your help!