#Donate4Inventors - Your each and every contribution will help the kids in the journey of an excellent education!
"All the IV A Inventors will be empathetic, passionate and confident leaders of tomorrow who can respectfully communicate with others and overcome their own problems by action and inspiration."
We firmly believe all the inventors can avail an excellent education - comprising of learning outcomes in academics, strong belief in values and the ability to connect with self and others.
Our Journey So Far
- The class room was intervened by Teach For India fellows 3 years back (please refer 'Our Teachers' to know more), and the kids had a good growth on different areas including reading comprehension, writing, math, science, sports
- The kids started participating actively in inter-school competitions and extra-curricular activities
- Significant growth in the parental investment and encouragement for the kids in the community
Our Past Achievements
- All our 37 children has actively participated in the inter-school drawing competition hosted by Chennai Tricolor Initiative
- 24 kids participated in around 31 events at Chennai Students Kondattam, an inter-school competition for Teach For India children out of which 9 children have won prizes for competitions including Trinto Trinto, Dumb Charades, Relay race and poster making
- 3 of the kids participated in Infinity - Inter-school Math event organized by Teach For India and all 3 of them won prizes
- One of our kid, S. Barath Mathiew presented a science project on 'Human Digestive System' and won 3rd prize in the inter-school science fair organized by Chennai Corporation
- A few of our class room stories were captured on The Indian Express - a national daily newspaper on 12th Dec 2016. Read the article online
Our Plans for the upcoming year
- Provide excellent resources, worksheets, books, study materials and other resources for children to improve their academic performance
- Special Sports Training & Workshops for children on the areas of their own interest in extra-curricular activities there by increased the active participation of children in intra-school and inter-school activities to build confidence
- Organizing educational trips as an opportunity to build access & exposure among the children
- Student-led community impact projects focused on cleanliness and other challenge areas
- In order to create awareness about the cutting edge technologies, conducting basic tech awareness programs with resource persons
- Skill development workshops on web development, robotics and graphics design to build the 21st century soft skills among the students
- Hosting a Mid Year / End Of Year student showcase and providing a platform for the children to showcase their talents & performances
- Introducing smart learning in the class room with the support of technological advancements.
Kindly help us in achieving our vision by donating on this fund raising page.
- Educational Trips [we are planning for 3-5 field trips next year]
- Robotic basic kits and components [20 in nos.]
- Tablets/Smart Phones [20 in nos.]
- Sports Equipments [20 in nos.]
- Printing worksheets/study materials
- Books related to technology/adventures [The kids love reading!]
- Stationery requirement for kids [Pen, pencil, geometry box]
- Basic amenities [Bags/Footwear]
- High raised benches [12 pairs]
About our teachers
"Over the past one year, I had an incredible journey with the 'Inventors'. An opportunity to see the kids grow and do wonderful things. It's fabulous to see the kids taking ownership of their learning and growth and they consistently push themselves and myself to achieve our vision."
~ Aravindhan Anbazhagan [The Class Teacher | 2016-18 Fellow]
"Being with the children as their teacher & friend for the past 2 years were the best part of my life. We always keep the kids and their learning at the core of all our activities inside and outside the class room."
~ Ashwin DS [The Class Mentor | 2014-16 Fellow]
Reach Out To Us
If you wish to get more updates about the class room or other queries please reach out to, Aravindhan - firstname.lastname@example.org
Get updates and hear our class room stories on our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/4Acmsmgrnagar/