Imagine a world where Doctors, Engineers, Farmers, Scientists, Homemakers, Educationists, people from different walks of life from all corners of the world are educated and guided by the same Universal human values. All of them are working on a common goal of building a United world family. A family whose members always strive to bring out excellence in others, from individual health to health of the universe, from soulful individual relationships to enriching harmony between human being and nature.
What if there is one universal education system to unite the entire world which imparts right understanding in individual, trust and respect in mutual relationship, fearlessness in society (without conflicts and inequality) and harmony in nature (without imbalance & exploitation of natural resources)?
Too good to be true? It is too good and It is also true. Such educational system is now running in 40 universities across the world. In India this education is now getting introduced in all engineering colleges. In Bhutan (first country striving to increase the happiness of its citizens) this education system has been officially recognized as a tool to increase its gross national happiness. Other countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Srilanka, Maldives are trying to adopt this educational system at various levels.
Why do we need this?
To solve the most challenging problems of our world like....
- At an individual level - ill health & diseases in body, confusion & dissatisfaction in mind
- At the level of family – mistrust leading to strained relationships ranging from arguments to separation.
- At the level of society – fear, conflicts, inequality, corruption, hatred and violence.
- At the level of nature – exploitation of natural resources, pollution, global warming and increasing natural calamities.
This value based education system has been hailed as the need of the hour by most respected people. From Honorable APJ Abdul kalam sir to his majesty king of Bhutan, many dignataries who have strived for the welfare of entire mankind, have stressed and insisted that UHV(universal human values) must be taught to each and every human being.
Taking their call, number of people from various fields have dedicated their entire life to spread UHV all over the world. Various centres have been developed in places like Kanpur, Raipur, Indore, Bijnour etc to train people who can impart this knowledge in the minds of all human beings. Due to their efforts UHV is now the most sought after course in more than 40 universities. AICTE the governing body of engineering colleges has recently introduced UHV in all the engineering colleges of India
Need of CHDHC:
Though there is a lot of demand from all parts of the society to learn UHV there are not enough teachers who can spread this knowledge in a right way. Facilities to train the teachers are also very limited. Except for a value education cell in IIIT hyderabad there is no centre for training people in entire south India. So an initiative to establish Center for Holistic Development of Human Consciousness (CHDHC) at Shadnagar, Hyderabad has been taken by a group of dedicated volunteers of UHV.
What CHDHC intends to do
Intends to put collective effort for the well being of all humans by inculcating Universal Human Values for a happy, peaceful and prosperous living with harmony at all the levels - Individual, Family, Society and Entire existence.
More on CHDHC at chdhc.org
Activities of CHDHC
- Workshops: Organize short duration (1-8 days) all day workshops/courses on Universal human values at various levels (Introductory, Intermediate and advanced levels) for the interested people, teaching community (Schools, colleges and universities), NGOs, community-based organizations, corporates in residential and non-residential mode.
- Training the trainers : Provide training workshops to all the people who are ready to give time for spreading UHV in their respective fields.
- Center for Learning (Alternate School): Learning center aims at preparing students for life with a combination of value-based education and modern education. Children thrive to grow emotionally, physically, socially and intellectually with personalized and adaptive education approaches. Learning center is an alternative approach to the current education system where every child learns differently and is motivated differently.
- Leadership and Skill Development: Focuses on conducting Govt. sponsored courses on one hand and also design our own courses for Schools, Colleges and Corporates.
- Research: R and D for holistic solutions and programs.
This method gives you a process of dialogue between what you are and what you really want to be and helps you explore the natural acceptance for harmony within you and your interaction with others, nature, and entire existence.
It brings out the innate harmony in existence and clarifies that man by understanding this harmony is able to be in harmony within ourselves and with others in society and the rest of nature. This in turn, leads to value-based conduct, education, constitution, and order in the society which is the desire of every human being.
This forms the foundation of UHV. And this way, it enables us to know values in human conduct, human character and to live accordingly.
UHV is not a course in moral science. It does not tell us DO's and DON’T's. It does not tell us what we should become, or what we should do!
UHV only proposes and asks its listeners to investigate and explore into their own inner self and connect to what is innate and intact in all of them as something which is universal, natural and all-fulfilling for them as well as others. One can do this irrespective of his/her own religion of faith or beliefs. More on UHV at chdhc.org
Progress so far
Formation of Team: A team of seven individuals (two software engineers from USA; two software engineers from India, one social worker, one educationist, a professor of mechanical engineering) who are involved in study and practice of this method for about a decade came together to start a center. Complete team Details: chdhc.org
Concept: A vision is developed and the plan is prepared in consultation with many seniors and related organizations.
Land Donation: A kind friend, Janardhan donated an acre of land which is a part of Eco-Fields (lush green 65 acre organic farm land which is a self-sustaining living community) , near Shad Nagar, Hyderabad.
Workshops: Every month workshops at various levels are being conducted by our team in institutions like IIIT Hyderabad, NIT Warangal etc
Need for fundraising
- The Total budget to construct a permanent learning center (three storied Building) in the donated land is 4 Crores. Initially we are planning for Constructing Ground floor which costs around 75 lakhs and start doing activities in it
- Ground Floor consists of a Hall to conduct Workshop for 100 Members; Dormitories, Kitchen, Wash rooms and other facilities to accommodate the participants for residential workshops
You can extend your help to construct one or few rooms / foundation / slab / painting etc., or for overall construction works.
- The running cost of the center will be met by the contributions of the participants.
- There is no course fee. The content is shared free of cost with a feeling of relationship. The participants of the workshop bear the cost of food and accommodation. No one will be denied the opportunity to learn UHV under any circumstances.
- You will contribute to the noble cause of transforming our education system
- You will help in imparting feeling of happiness and prosperity in many people
- You will help in providing value education for the economically downtrodden and needy for no charge for knowledge
- You will help in enabling institutions to produce responsible human beings
- You will support building a better nation
- You will help in resolving conflicts in society and nature This is a project is managed by Amma Social Welfare Association (ASWA) in Hyderabad.
Our Mission Inculcate Universal Human Values in every school and college as a right to right education.