We (Dev & Chandni) the representatives of Voice of Slum are the ones who are ourselves part of slums and after all the struggles of our own life including rag picking, selling flowers on street and what not, now aim to provide slum children a platform where they can see their future amongst the mainstream society and develop skills and mind-set required for this through our support.
Since we ourselves have gone through the pain and struggle of slums, therefore, we want to bring out the other children of slums from there and give them a better life. With tireless effort we have made an organisation where we are providing education and skill development to around 300 children as of now and also placed around 53 teenagers(18 years+) in various jobs and business where they are now on their own.
As discussed, we have initiated a campaign to raise fund for our initiative in the name of “We rise by lifting others”
1. Strive to shift children from Slum to School
2. Empower children by raising awareness and providing vocational training
3. Help children to become job enablers instead of job seekers
4. Expand the reach of 'Slum Post’ magazine which is published by us “for slum children by slum children” to bring out the hidden realities and pains of slum through child reporters
5. To provide the life solution to the reported people in problem
1. 30 Slum Children Admitted to Mainstream Education
2. 53 Teenagers Skilled to get a Job
3. Empowered 450+kids via 100+ Balsabhas
4. Counseled and Engaged more than 300 Families
5. Empowered differently abled Children
6. Voice of Slum has rescued 5 girls from hell-like situations and now they are independent and settled.
7. We have also been instrumental in supporting 2 children in dire medical situations and they are under-going treatment.
1. To sustain our existing initiative where we are teaching 250 children and preparing them to get admitted in mainstream schools. We have hired teachers, a building to run the school, study material, stationary etc.
2. Open a school for 500 slum children who fail in our entrance exam
3. Provide one time nutritional meal to the children in the school
4. Reach out to 100000 (one lakh) children of slums through our initiatives and maWe urge from all of you to please come forward with your financial help and become our partners to achieve the above dreams of ours.ke them independent in respectable profession and uplift their family condition
- Proper Education
- Proper Sanitation
- Good schooling standards
- Making them employable
- Adding skill set
- Providing Vocational Trainings
- Helping them in Jobs
- Getting them valid Id Profs
- Conduct Regular health checkups
Abp News: https://www.abplive.in/trending-news/these-3-amazing-ladies-have-won-our-superwomen-contest-read-their-inspiring-stories-664691?rs_type=internal&rs_origin=section&rs_medium=article&rs_index=4
Social Media links:
Facebook link- https://www.facebook.com/1voiceofslum/
Twitter Link- https://twitter.com/1voiceofslum