Support Aayom To Help Needy Women With Eco-friendly Sanitary Pads | Milaap

Support Aayom To Help Needy Women With Eco-friendly Sanitary Pads

Aayom Welfare Society was formed in 2006 with a vision to provide people with basic amenities viz. Food, Accommodation, Clothes, and Education (FACE). On the basis of our recent research, we found that only 6% NGOs in India are working in the health sector. This expanded our vision and prompted us to start working in this sector as well. Aayom has been and will be putting in all its efforts for the betterment of society by creating awareness programs on drug abuse and environment-friendly practices, counseling for youngsters and parents, educating people, providing employment, rebuilding lives of those who have been involved in drug abuse and much more.

The founders of Aayom Welfare Society, Mrs. Poonam Mansingh, and Mr. Sharat Mansingh, with their rich knowledge and the heartfelt intent to help society laid the foundation of Aayom. Mr. Prerrit Mansingh, Secretary of Aayom Welfare Society took this forward with an ever-growing chain of helping hands.

Mr. Prerrit Mansingh has braved a lot in life himself, his personal turmoil connecting him empathetically with the pathos of the underprivileged. He has been striving hard for the betterment of the society not only through the NGO but through motivational training in his career as well as personal life. He, along with the support of his family members and volunteers have left no stone unturned, and now they're embarking on a mission to help women with a fundamental necessity - Sanitary Pads.

We know, Menstrual Hygiene in India is a bigger problem than commonly known. Only 12% of 335 million menstruating women in India use sanitary napkins and the rest 88% resort themselves to harmful alternatives like unsterilized cloth, ashes, sand and the like of which one shudders to even think. These alternatives make our 88% women more vulnerable to Reproductive Tract Infection (RTI). The reasons behind the unhygienic and self-insulting menstrual practices are affordability and availability with a social stigma that cordons it off into a vicious circle. Ergo, we at Aayom Welfare Society with your support, want to shatter this unbreakable vow of silence on periods in India on Menstrual Hygiene Day, May 28

With your support, Aayom wants to reach the majority of our populace and help them with eco-friendly sanitary pads, which would further safeguard them from any infection threats. We would be reaching out to women in the rural areas of Delhi/NCR, Haryana, U.P. and as many places we physically can with your blessings and support.

Would you please help us reach this basic necessity to our women of lesser means? Looking at our women who are suffering from this deprivation, we need to raise at least Rs. 10,00,000/- for this cause. Your every contribution will be a cobble on the road to providing them with Safe Menstrual Hygiene.
Ask for an update
26th April 2018
Dear Supporters,

Thank you to everyone for supporting us for this cause, we really appreciate your efforts, we're left with just 15 more days and could raise some amount from your help, no donation is too small.

Please share this campaign with your friends and family.

Dear Supporters,

Thank you to everyone for supporting us for this cause, we really appreciate your efforts, we're left with just 15 more days and could raise some amount from your help, no donation is too small.

Please share this campaign with your friends and family.

Rs.8,985
raised of Rs.100,000 goal

28 Supporters

Beneficiary: Aayom Welfare S... info_outline
Only INR donations accepted
80G tax benefits for INR donations

Supporters (28)

A
Anonymous donated Rs.2,500
A
Anonymous donated Rs.2,500
A
Anonymous donated Rs.1,000
A
Anonymous donated Rs.20
A
Anonymous donated Rs.100
A
Anonymous donated Rs.50