My name is Maadhav Saxena and I am raising funds for my father, who is urgently in need of a Liver Transplant. His situation is very critical and needs to get a transplant urgently. The surgery is extremely expensive and for the past 2 years, I am the only earner in the family. I am a 21 year old student who tries to run a small digital marketing business online to sustain his family. Unfortunately, the funds required for transplant can't be managed by me due to the extremely big amount. Hence, I would like to request you to please help my father.
How did it start?
He was first diagnosed with the disease in December, and while at first we thought that it could be managed with just medicines, unfortunately the same isn't the situation anymore. His reports have worsened continuously since then. He has been admitted twice in the hospital in the past 3 months and even at the time of creating this fundraiser, he is in ICU.
What is happening with him due to his liver disease?
- Fluid collection in stomach resulting in a big bloated stomach and risks of infection (You can check the cover image)
- Extreme Weakness - He is not even able to get up from bed alone on his own
- Lost 18 kgs of weight
- Lost muscles
- Loss of appetite
- Reduced brain function due to Hepatic Encephalopathy (A condition in which he is drowsy, confused, disoriented and thinking is altered, in case it is not rectified, he may end up in a coma)
- Low ability of the blood to clot, which means that even a small cut in his lip bleeds for several minutes leading to loss of blood.
- Stones in gall bladder, which can't be removed, as no surgery is possible until liver is back to normal.
- Excessive bleeding due to hemorrhoids, which is a continuous factor of losing blood.
These are all the issues that he is facing, one can't even imagine how bad it will be if they had to face one of the issues, but my brave father is fighting all of these at once and battling this deadly situation. However, in order for him to be victorious, it is extremely important for him to get a Liver Transplant.
How will the transplant take place?
The Liver will come from a deceased donor who has suffered cardiac or brain stem death. We cannot go for Living Donor Liver Transplant as there is no valid match. Hence, deceased donor liver transplant is our only option.
We've made several efforts to raise the money via loans, but the amount raised is very low, as a lot of it is being spent continuously on current hospitalizations as well.
Expenses including pre-surgery expenses, expense of the transplant and post surgery expense would amount anywhere between Rs. 40,00,000 to Rs. 45,00,000.
This surgery is extremely important and needs to be done urgently.
The money raised would be spent in the following order:
1) Pre-surgery tests - Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs. 2,50,000
2) Registration for transplant in multiple states: Rs. 1,50,000 approx
3) Transplant cost - Rs. 35,00,000
4) Post surgery costs - Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 per month for 6 months.
Why am I starting this fundraiser?
As you can see the expenses are very high and I am just a 21 years old student who is the earning member of the family. The amount of money needed for the transplant is very high and it would be nearly impossible for me to bear all of this cost alone.
Hence, I request for your help and contributions and help my father get a second chance at life. Each contribution is important!
Please help us raise this amount by clicking on the donate button and sharing this page with your friends and family.
We are grateful for your help and wishes.