They have survived the years of torment and struggle through their grit and character alone. It's our turn to feel their pain and show them the strength of our character. Each one of us has the power to transform their lives and end their lockdown and isolation.
Open your hearts and share your love so that "Street of Love" can survive. Together we can overcome this fight for freedom!
- Awareness campaigns to sensitise women and children about the coronavirus pandemic driven by leaders from the community.
- Analysis of the situation on the field and designing a comprehensive plan to support women and children.
- As an immediate response, Kat-Katha organised its first COVID-19 Karuna Relief Drive to distribute substantial ration and hygiene kits to more than 800 families for one month’s sustenance. We also provided special kits for infants.
Kat-Katha plans to raise a COVID-19 Resilience Fund which takes care of more than 1000 families for the next 12-18 months to support basic necessities for survival and to find ways to make the community resilient to imminent dangers when the lockdown opens in a poor economy.
● Providing food security, medical aid and hygiene kits.
● Provide quality education, therapies, holistic growth and safe residential space to children and women.
● Training women in employable skills and enable them to live a life of their own choice by providing alternative livelihood opportunities for rehabilitation.
Your contribution would ensure that no woman and child fall prey to hunger or disease, and all women get an opportunity to learn new skills to end forced sex work.
How can you help?
Your donation will provide alternate livelihood opportunities and essential supplies like food and medical aid to more than 1000 families on GB Road. The mission is to make the community self-sustainable not just for the COVID-19 crisis, but the economic aftermath that will follow.
Lets spread Karuna (compassion) in the time of Corona!