Lack of basic social and public health amenities have resulted in significant drop in number of Handloom artisans in our country
Our Primary goal is
- Bridge the real artisans directly with customers.
- Bring the real artisans at the centre-stage in front of the consumers.
- Offer this service through a dedicated platform/initiative.
Our mission is to work towards overcoming the vulnerability of Weavers by:
- Creating a community of weavers and connecting them with potential customers;
- Providing craft skills training, and organizational and design assistance
- Valuing and integrating traditional design and cultural heritage to realize more marketable product
- Generating selling opportunities and market connections in India and abroad that would otherwise be inaccessible.
Your Donation and Word of Mouth will help us create a sustainable culture!
- We will be collaborating with Weavers and artisans from different Indian cities ; Provide them with Infrastructure, Materials and Platform to showcase their products.
- We will make sure weavers products reach directly to end customers ; thereby reducing the effective cost of the products.
- We will organize training sessions, and provide Support during end-to-end process of weaving and product development
- We will organize exhibitions and expo's in different forums and offer handloom products at economical rates.
- We will need your support to make this dream come true!
We encourage you to share our initiative to Family, Friends, Colleagues, on Social Media (FB, Instagram, Twitter etc.) and encourage them to donate. (details will be shared )
Your small contribution will help sustain weaving community!
- understand fabric structure, colour and pattern
- have good practical ability
- have an interest in fabric trends
- understand health and safety procedures
We have planned to spend around 20-50K on training sessions to multiple weavers group with help from Professionals.
b) Raw materials and Tools
c) Designing, Salary and Other expenditures:
We will be collaborating to different designers, ethnic artists to bring the best work out of weaving.
Planned expenditure: 50K-1L
e) Expo and Exhibitions
exhibitions will be organised in different cities; with help from different communities to showcase Weaving art work.
This provides direct market to weavers.
Planned expenditure: 50K-80K.
PS: Above costs can escalate depending on scale of implementation.
We initially seek donation upto 3L and seek more help from different like-minded initiatives.