I teach 30 fifth-graders in an under-resourced classroom in a Government school in Chennai. My class is a bunch of extremely invested, hard-working & inquisitive kids who are willing to learn to be confident individuals. They not only solve complex math problems, read voraciously, write well but also understand values & their importance.
They are considerate, passionate & loving and aim to make the world a better place to live. Their dreams & aspirations are endless for they believe that where they come from has nothing to do with where they can get. As their teacher, it is my duty to ensure that I provide them with not only academic knowledge but also exposure & access that would help create a world of opportunities for them, that they truly deserve to be at par with fortunate kids their age and grow up to be socially-aware, independent & successful adults.
With the funds raised on this campaign, I plan to:
1. Take them for field-trips
2. Get them to participate in school-level competitions(sports & academics)
3. Buy a projector to integrate my lessons with technology
4. Board games to build vocabulary.
5. Books & novels for preparation for Olympiads.
6. Enrol them in various activities after school.
7. Provide them sustainable & nourishing nutrition.