Commercial kitchens do not hesitate in using excess of oil, spices & various forms of bad carbs. Many criticize commercial kitchens to be laboratories. There are millions of people who suffer from health problems like obesity, digestion, diabetes and others when they eat outside in restaurants. This is the precise reason that one can’t eat outside on regular basis and turns to home food eventually. The love of home cooked food has been ever increasing may be because of health benefits or the love by which it is served.
We all know that there are treasure recipes hidden in many households. Those recipes are mastered by years of execution and made with rarest ingredient i.e. Love & Care. A race genetically poised with “Athithi Devo Bhava” which literally means Guest is God, can entice unforgettable experiences for both guest & host.
In view of above & after recognizing the fact that love is the best ingredient, we are trying to create a platform where the foodies can go and enjoy the specialties & curate experiences in the home of many passionate home cooks in nearby places.
Help Uber Moms to serve their delicacies: Why it’s a win win?
- Empowering the women by extra income as homechef’s (mostly women). Platform to showcase their talent & earning substantial income without any liability & investment is no brainer.
- Home cooks do not have any fixed cost to start. Pricing would be very nominal for very high quality food & still yielding great savings for the homechefs.
- Food is made up of best ingredients which they serve to their family.
- The day is not far, when tourist from different countries can travel like a local & eat like a local. Excellent meal for Rs.100 -300 ($2-$5) with deep dive in cultures which is any tourist’s dream. Creating friends from other places would bridge ethnic gaps.
In the world, where we are spending more time with machines than people, it would be nice to meet verified strangers, eat their food and enjoy their hospitality.
Funds would be needed in large amount to make it a success as good marketing and advertisement campaign would be needed to encourage homecooks to come up and showcase their talent in the events which would be hosted in 15 major cities. Further entity would be incorporated and legal process would be set up plus there would be a need for operational budget for atleast a year.
We are seeking funds for:
- Competitions/Events to be organized to find the brilliant homecooks who are hidden otherwise. Hosting these events cum training session along with incentives under strict cost control estimated to cost in range of 1.5 lacs to 2 lacs per city. These expenses include venue, equipments, prizes, training sessions, on boarding and data collection. For 15 major cities we would be needing approx. Rs. 26,00,000.
- To develop process platform & technology for Guests & hosts- approx Rs. 4,50,000/-.
- Operation cost is supposed to increase month over month. Initially, for first 6 months we would be needing Rs. 6,00,000/-.
- To incorporate, the entity, legal compliance cost Rs. 75,000/-.
Not a Dabba system but Airbnb for curated dining.
Help me to connect these Uber women/mom to foodies who are looking for non commercial, pious & healthy food.
Founder, Megha jain holds MBA degree and was into corporate HR for seven years. She got married to a person who is a foodie, amateur cook & an excited host. Her interest grew incredibly into healthy food
They had incredibly good food and experiences during these events. Based on this the idea of “Athithi Devo Bhava” clicked.