In 2011, 57% of children involved in crime in India belonged to families with an annual income lower than Rs. 25,000 or USD 373. Crime and substance abuse put a premature end to their childhood.
‘Sports as the change agent’ - Each childhood can be rescued with play time, filled with sporting skills, health benefits and overall personality development. Multiple studies across the world have shown that children growing in communities susceptible to crime can find both purpose and ambition through regular sporting activities.
Who are we?
Over the last 6 years, we at TheFootballLink have effectively used football as a medium for social change. We have engaged with more than 10,000 underprivileged children and youth, in large-scale sporting activities, and developed a proven methodology to instill a sense of pride, team work and camaraderie through sports, both on and off the field.
In 2016, we setup the TFL Scholarship Fund to organize Football camps in 50+ schools across Delhi and financially support 400 young Footballers (200 boys & 200 girls) become community role models with a promising future in sports. We will provide them with intensive training, technology and resources for 1 year to fuel their dreams and ambitions of becoming professional Footballers in India and abroad.
What makes our program different from various other NGOs and Developmental organizations using sports as a medium of growth for children?
Our ability to quantify development (using technology) and providing you real-time information directly from the ground to understand the impact created by your contribution. We invented the F-Cube technology, a first-of-its-kind interactive and intelligent device that captures a child’s progress using robust sensing and player tracking modules.
How does your contribution benefit the child?
With an annual contribution, we will be providing each child with
- Coaching: 45 weeks of intensive Football coaching with participation in multiple tournaments
- Health and Nutrition: A nutritious food packet provided to every player after each training session
- Football Kits: 3 Football kits provided along with a pair of Football shoes and protective gear
- Medical Camps: Quarterly medical camps to assess the physical health of the players
- Transportation: Transportation provided to and from the FZone for every session
- F-Cube Assessment: Monthly quantitative player assessment reports available online
- Mentorship: Regular mentor sessions with ex-players, community leaders and sports psychologists
- Infrastructure: Access to state-of-the-art turf grounds, interactive technology and world-class training equipment
Contribute (for every child):
- 1 Month - Rs 5,000 [USD 75]
- 3 Months - Rs 15,000 [USD 225]
- 6 Months - Rs 30,000 [USD 450]
- 12 Months - Rs 60,000 [USD 900]
TheFootballLink has been recognized and awarded for their work in Indian Football - 5 Year MOU with Sports Authority of India, Times Now-Amazing Indians, Delhi Police Yuva Award, Ford Foundation Grant, Lt. Governor Excellence Award, Top 20 Social Enterprise - Tata Group and IIM Kolkata, Mahindra ‘Spark the Rise’ nomination for Times Now Award, CNBC Young Turks, among others.