I am Eric Paul, resident of Delhi, working with Taj Mahal Hotel. I am paraplegic (paralyzed below chest) and confined to wheel chair since Feb 2012, due to an accident. This dreadful incident pulled me down physically and mentally for around 2 years but I kept my spirits high and decided to move ahead in life to achieve my goals and be a motivation to thousands of people who are going through the same phase of life. I participated in many tournaments ranging from state to national to international level and won gold, silver and bronze medals in many such tournaments
To brief a few:
· Secured First position and awarded with Gold Medal in 7th Delhi State Para Table Tennis Championship 2014-2015.
· Secured Second Position and awarded with Silver Medal in 7th Javelin Delhi State Para Athletics Meet 2014-2015.
· Secured Third Position in Discus throw in 7th Delhi State Para Athletics Meet 2014-2015.
· Participated In Event of Poomsae Position Bronze in 1st Delhi State Para Taek
wondo Championship 2014-2015.
· Participated and Secured Bronze position in Poomsae, 1st Para National Taekwondo Championship 2014-2015.
· Participated for International Tournament Para Basket Ball in Bangladesh 2014.
· Participated in 15th Senior Para National Athletics Championship 2015
· In November 2015 I have set a new Limca Book of Record of driving 6000 kms, through a hand controlled car, in less than 7 (seven) days, which will be printing in December, 2016 Edition.
These records, tournaments and my active participation have kept me motivated time and again. Now, I am again positively charged and will be attempting the Limca Book of Records (LBR), under the category of adventure Road Expeditions, where I would be driving (Hand controlled car) from North to South India i.e. from Leh to Kanyakumari. I would be starting my Journey from Leh and head towards Kanyakumari. This stretch is almost of 4000 Kms and for this first I have to travel first from Delhi to Leh to begin my attempt and end it at Kanyakumari, then again I would be driving from Kanyakumari to Delhi to come to my residence. Thus, the total journey would be around of 8000 kms (Route Map Attached).
Also, being a responsible citizen of India, I am planning to raise more awareness about “The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”.
As I would be travelling from Delhi to Leh to start my attempt and will be coming back from kanyakumari to Delhi after the completion of attempt, I am planning to halt at maximum places and put my best efforts to be an active participant of “The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”. I would be cleaning the places and would be talking to localite that if a person like me with special abilities can do this then why not they, after all it’s our responsibility to keep our nation neat and clean.
Whether I am able to make the record or not but with this initiative my attempt will give me the maximum satisfaction.
This journey requires a 4x4 car with automatic transmission, as this route is full of challenges and has almost 1000 kms of hilly route. Since, I don’t have this type of car, I will try to get a similar car on rent or else I would be driving my own Maruti Swift car.
Below mentioned is the list of things required to attempt this record:
Car on rent and the cost of its modification
Car’s fuel, service and Tyre's
Food and Accommodation
Accompanying Doctor cum Physiotherapist
Medical Gadgets or Equipment's
Tentative cost for all this will be around 5.7lakhs and calculation / Expense sheet of the same is attached herewith.
It is humbly requested to kindly sponsor this attempt with amount as per your convenience and support me to be a motivation and an example to thousands of people that no paralysis can stop you from achieving your goals in life.
I wish to begin my journey in the first week of June and accomplish it as soon as I can.
I am looking forward to an affirmative response of sponsorship from your end to make this Record .
64.9 KM NH7
Dharmapuri (Tamil Nadu)
Adilabad (Andhra Pradesh)
127.8 NH7 N NH26
Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh)
Agra (Uttar Pradesh)
Jispa (Himachal Pradesh)
Leh (Jammu & Kashmir)