120 cubic meter Biogas plant will serve 75 households ( 450 people) to overcome from indoor pollution. According to the 2010 Global Burden of Disease, indoor pollution was the second biggest killer in India claiming two lives every minute.
We have been supported by "Bihar Startup Policy" with INR 10Lac and we still require another INR 9.70 lakh to complete the project. We have already constructed 120 cubic meter of Biogas plant but pipeline layout and Biogas meter and stoves are still yet to be installed. The raised fund will be used to set up other remaining accessories.
1. Lay down of GI pipe : INR 4,50,000 ( USD 6617)
2. Setting Biogas meter: INR 1,50,000 ( USD 2205)
3. Biogas stove : INR 90,000 ( USD 1323)
4. Purification Unit : INR 2,80,000 ( USD 5588)
Impact of Community Biogas plant:
1. Promotes rural waste management.
2. Increase in saving and earning of women and farmers community too.
3. easy availability of Clean energy, saves money on LPG
4. Increase in day hours allows Children to study in evening hours and women can generate other livelihood activities.
5. Easy availability of Organic Manure.6. The project will also promote organic farming.
7. The project will also employee 3 full time and 8 part-time workers.
We are working closely with Swayambhu Innovative Solutions Pvt Ltd, they are our technical partner for Biogas plant installation and investment partner too.
ABOUT THE PROJECT OWNER:
Akansha Singh, a social entrepreneur graduated from Banasthali University, Rajasthan and Masters from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. She always desired to contribute to society in a different manner which could save the environment and at the same time serve the society too. Interest in waste management and BIHAR as her hometown compelled her to come back and contribute to the welfare of society. She is passionate about spreading awareness among the community regarding how to save the environment and use energy within its limitation. When she isn't working on _SocialStart up her favourite things to do are play, travel and spend time with family.