Coming from an underprivileged background myself, I was fortunate to have the right environment and the right coaches to help me in my journey. However, there are many out there, who never get the opportunity to play at a competitive level, who never get to learn under a professional coach and who never get access to the required equipment to play the sport at a competitive level.
I am on a journey to provide these opportunities to children and ensure that their dreams of playing their favourite sport at a competitive level is very much possible. I, Rahul Mahto, a former Teach For India And iTeach School student, have initiated a sports programme called: 1 Child-1 Sport for the skilled players who come from underprivileged households and communities.
I am all of 21-years old and have so far been supported by my teachers and coaches financially. I have already been able to get a few children into sports - so I have a fair idea of how it is done. My dream is big.
Money should not determine the destiny of these future change makers. I have created this campaign because I need your support to make this dream come true.
What is this all about?
1) To promote young talent in the field of sports.
2) To provide a platform for young children to pursue and hone skills beyond academics and also make them disciplined and ownership-driven human being for the future.
How are we doing it?
1) A sports programme that aims at providing training to students, in a sport of their interest, by certified coaches.
2) The programme entails 4-day training every week. Students will also get an opportunity to participate in inter-school and district-level tournaments for now and state-level and national-level tournaments in the foreseeable future
3) This programme has been designed with the collaboration of Teach for India fellows, parents of talented young sportspersons from underprivileged communities and professional coaches.
4) Currently, we follow a model where a heavily subsidized monthly fee is paid by the parents of these talented sportspersons. We plan to not charge the same if we can fundraise sufficiently
5) Currently the following sports have been introduced - Football, and looking to start Kho-Kho by April, 2021.
What have we done so far?
1) We are in the 4th year of the program
2) We have enrolled 30-players in professional football so far.
3) We are now gearing up for the 5th-year and this time we aim to push the number to more than 50 to 100 players next year.
How can you help?
1) While we envisage to move from 30 to 100 children, and we know of at least 200-children whom we can support at this moment, the truth is that we have been struggling financially to even add a few children to the program.
2) We sincerely urge you to support us so that we can make 1-Children 1-Sport bigger and better next academic year!
3) You could either donate any amount or sponsor one or more students for a year.
a) The cost of a football kit for a child in a year is Rs 7,400.
b) The cost of purchasing football Equipment per year is Rs 74,100.
c) Coach expenses per year is Rs 8,92,000 [3 D-Licenced Coaches &. 2 C-Licenced Coaches)
4) Kindly go through the yearly-budget document given on this page for a more detailed expense budget.
5) You can also spread the word and get us in touch with people you know who could help us with this cause.
Please come forward to support my cause. Any contribution will be of immense help. Do contribute and share this campaign link with your friends and family.
Help a child explore a world beyond the classroom! Every child has the right to play and follow their dreams!