The Konkan region is constantly beset by disasters such as cyclones, torrential rainfall, and landslides. During our visits to a few villages, we discovered that many residents had yet to emotionally recover from the effects of the Nisarg cyclone (June 2020) and the Tauktae cyclone (May 2021). Many jobless and underprivileged villagers have been unable to fix and repair their homes due to the Coronavirus situation for the past one and a half years. Villages are faced with different challenges such as loss of connectivity, crashing of trees and power poles due to severe rainfall and recurring cyclone circumstances during the rainy season.
Thousands of trees and a considerable number of electric poles were totally destroyed by both cyclones. Clearing streets and reaching remote villages taken 7 to 15 days. At every region, managing and regulating the power issue took 3 to 4 months. Due to a lack of disaster management and equipment, the situation is taking a long time to recover.
We will now focus on providing Solar Home Lights, Tarpaulins, and First-Aid Kits to poor and helpless families and workers who are suffering with low wages, as well as individuals who are unable to purchase in this dire situation. In addition, we are providing Gram Panchayat with solar street lights, tree cutting machines (one machine each village), ropes, water pumping machines, spades, shovels, and plants (one plant per person), as well as basic medication and sanitation kits. The Maharashtra government provides tree cutting machines to some areas, but they are insufficient and in poor condition. Also we are attempting to provide the most assistance possible in the rehabilitation of damaged homes.
We have been assisting many people for several years, and this would not have been possible without everyone's cooperation. We are eager to participate in relief efforts, offering food, shelter, medicines, information, and any other assistance that may be required.
We are short on funds to meet the requirements that have arisen as a result of the current crisis, which has resulted in the lockout and complete breakdown of public infrastructure. We will not be able to meet our goal without your help, so we ask that you pay whatever amount you are able to so that we can fulfil as many requests as possible.
Indicative costs are(in quantity):
- Solar Home Lights - 500
- Tarpaulins – 400
- First aid Kits - 1000
- Solar Street lights - 500
- Tree cutting machines - 200
- Heavy ropes - 400
- Water pumping machines - 5
- Spades - 1000
- Shovels - 1000
- Trees (Mango, Kaju, Sagwan, etc.) - 100000
- 10,000+ Dry Ration Kits were supplied in Dapoli following the Nisarg Cyclone in June 2020,
- 100 kg fruits were distributed at Tata Hospital in Parel, Mumbai.
- Resorts picnic for children with cancer was organized.
- Consultation for Cancer Victims at Tata Hospital in Mumbai
- 1000 Mango, Cashew, and Sagvan trees were planted at Dapoli
- The Cyclone damaged the roofs of houses in the villages, which was repaired by June 2020 and May 2021 at Dapoli.
Our future targets:
- One Village One Ambulance
- Equipped Village Sub Hospitals
- Green Villages
- Gramin Rojgar Program