This is a fundraiser organized by the friends and well-wishers of Vidhya (W/o Arvind Shanmukham) and newborn child Sai Ajay Arvind.
Tragedy struck the family in the form of COVID19 in the second half of May 2021 and here is the timeline of events for the understanding of all the good hearted people reading this.
Arvind Shanmukham and Vidhya Gnanajothi were married in November 2011 and moved to Montreal, Quebec recently, had no child for over 9 years after their marriage. Vidhya came to India in the end of 2019 to undergo IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) treatment and she was confirmed with her pregnancy in the later half of 2020. The couple were expecting their child in May 2021. Arvind returned to Pondicherry from Montreal on April 25, 2021 to be with Vidhya for her delivery, a day before their Baby Shower (Seemandham) ceremony that happened on April 26, 2021. The couple’s picture on this page was taken in that ceremony.
- May 14, 2021: Vidhya & Arvind tested positive for COVID19 and taken into individual isolation.
- May 16, 2021: Vidhya’s child delivery through C-Section was immediately scheduled and they welcomed their son, Sai Ajay, immediately upon which both Vidhya was also isolated from the child.
- May 19, 2021: Arvind was moved to Chennai from Pondy to be treated at the ICU in VHM Hospital.
- May 20, 2021: Vidhya was also moved from Pondy to Chennai to be treated for COVID.
- May 23, 2021: Vidhya was discharged from VHM Hospital whereas Arvind’s health turned worse and had to be shifted to Omandurar GH Complex in Chennai.
It is very unfortunate that Arvind had never gotten the chance to see his newborn child whom he had waited to welcome for nearly 10 years.
We had to start this campaign after almost a week of Arvind’s demise because until this morning, the family and friends couldn’t gather the courage to inform Vidhya of her husband’s demise, given her health condition and her own mother and sister still battling COVID in isolation.
Arvind was working at Grade A, an Ottawa based company as a Senior Service Desk Specialist in Montreal. Grade A had happily welcomed him back in the organization 2 months ago, before he went to India with his eyes full of dreams and happiness, but met with an unfortunate end.
We appeal to the good hearted folks reading this campaign to contribute generously for the welfare fund that we are trying to secure for the immediate and long term future of Vidhya and the Baby Sai Ajay. The mom and child will be the sole beneficiaries of this campaign.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call us and talk to us. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Friends Of St.Joseph of Cluny