India, one of the biggest low-middle income country has 8.6% of tribal population. Even after seven decades of independence, India is finding it difficult to bridge the gap that exists between tribal and non-tribal population in regards to healthcare. They account for over a quarter of the country's poorest people. Although these groups have seen considerable progress over the years, poverty among tribal groups declined by more than a third between 1983 and 2005 and nearly half the country's Scheduled Tribes population remains in poverty, due to their low starting point.
Vananchal Samruddhi Abhiyan Foundation as a key stakeholder in the development process will adopt a strategy of participatory working approach through training and capacity building programs in the rural areas. Institutional stakeholders like Local Self-Government, Gram panchayat Authorities, Gram Sabha, Schools, Mahila Mandals, and SHGs will also be involved at some or the other point in the entire project implementation process. India’s rural economy is based on the geographical structures, indigenous culture and local rural vocations of the rural population. Proactive efforts of political as well as social groups can contribute to the development of the rural areas.
- To change the attitudes of the rural tribal people towards the transformation of village community through the Capacity building of the Van Dhan Kendra
- To Network with the institutional stakeholders and implement the Van Dhan Yojana Scheme in the rural and tribal belts of the 6 divisions of the Maharashtra State.
- Module Development for Trainings
- Baseline Study at Block level
- Capacity Building and Strengthening of the Van Dhan Kendra
- Fundamentals of Van Dhan Kendra and Entrepreneurship
- Role and Responsibilities of Committee members
- Characteristics of a Kendra Committee
- Understanding the working method of Kendra Committee
- Identifying the Customer, Customer’s needs and their expectations
- Customer satisfaction and service delivery
- Market research and Procedure of conducting the market research