GB Road, the largest red-light area in Delhi, is a road with over 2000 women and children living across 78 brothels. Sex workers (Didis) on GB Road are victims of sex trafficking, abuse, and violence. Women of GB Road who support themselves and their families through daily earnings found themselves without any money after the lockdown. Their lives have come to a grinding halt, even basic necessities like food and medicines are not available at hand.
It’s time when we step up as leaders and help this community which has always lived in isolation and lockdown!
- Awareness campaigns to sensitize women and children about the coronavirus pandemic driven by leaders from the community.
- Analysis of the situation on the field and designing of a comprehensive plan to support women and children.
- As an immediate response, Kat-Katha organized its first COVID-19 Karuna Relief Drive to distribute substantial ration and hygiene kits to more than 800 families for one month’s sustenance. We also provided special kits for infants.
● Providing food security, medical aid and hygiene kits.
● Provide quality education, therapies, holistic growth and safe residential space to children and women.
● Training women in employable skills and enable them to live a life of their own choice by providing alternative livelihood opportunities for rehabilitation.
Your contribution would ensure that no woman and child fall prey to hunger or disease, and all women get an opportunity to learn new skills to end forced sex work.
How can you help?
Your donation will provide alternate livelihood opportunities and essential supplies like food and medical aid to more than 1000 families on GB Road. The mission is to make the community self-sustainable not just for the COVID-19 crisis, but the economic aftermath that will follow.
Lets spread Karuna (compassion) in the time of Corona!