The second wave of COVID-19 is spreading fast into Urban and Rural areas. Lack of awareness and monitoring is leading to several cases of silent hypoxia with patients ending up in hospitals which are already facing shortage of oxygen supply.
Act Public Welfare Foundation [APWF] is currently providing oxygen concentrators in Hyderabad. In Malakpet, Secunderabad, LB Nagar, Ibrahimpatnam, Rajendranagar and Shamshabad they are providing both medical oxygen cylinders and concentrators.
APWF is looking to raise Rs. 1,00,00,000 to provide 3,500 cylinders and 700 concentrators free of cost to hospitals and patients who are managing their COVID-19 care at home, without the need for hospital admission.
APWF also wants to enable the turnover of beds to allow new patients to be admitted to APWF COVID19 Healthcare Centre in Rajendra Nagar, by meeting the oxygen demand at home.
APWF also aiming to help the overburdened health infrastructure, particularly in rural areas by setting up Safe Homes with 50 beds for patients that are not in distress.
APWF also working towards:
- Free distribution of ‘Wellness kits’ to needy families with additional nutrition supplement to pregnant mothers and children.
- Diminishing misconceptions, stigma and fear in the community.
- Promotion of vaccination in order to reduce transmission and further spread.
- Supplying oxygen concentrators and non-invasive ventilators to district level hospitals.
- Distribution of PPE kits and hand sanitizers to APWF as well as health department frontline workers.