Your contribution will help us run covid relief efforts in Araria, Katihar, Saharsa, and Kishanganj District of Bihar.
About us: JJSS is a union working in north Bihar since 2010 with little or no fixed assets/resources. We are primarily funded through union membership fees from the farmers and workers in these areas and individual donors like you.
Covid relief work which JJSS is presently doing includes:
1. Vaccine Awareness and help desk: The majority of adults over the age of 45 in north Bihar have not been vaccinated. JJSS is leveraging its member base to motivate people to go for vaccination. 18-45 age group vaccination has not started yet, though the registration process is on. We will sensitize and motivate people to register and get vaccinated. JJSS volunteers will set up a help desk to help register people.
2. Mask: Make people aware of the importance of Mask. In Saharsa district, we plan to start making masks and distribute them among people.
3. Medical assistance: Our health team is already helping people access government medical facilities. We shall continue doing that. We will keep a watch on Covid Cases, provide medical advice and help aware people about getting tested and the quarantine measures to be followed.
4. Food assistance: This is where we seek your help and participation! JJSS has distributed food packets to 500 families. We plan to provide rations to the needy. Your contribution will help us to distribute food packets immediately.
5. NREGA: We Will continue our work on NREGA entitlements. The govt-run NREGA program is the only one that has the potential to generate work at a large scale for migrants who have come back and the local workers who are facing economic hardship because of lockdown and economic downturn.
6. Food security: Will continue our work to make sure people get their entitlement under NFSA and corruption is checked.
WHERE WILL YOUR MONEY GO?
1. Vaccine awareness and help desk: 1.3 lakhs (we have already raised this amount)
2. Mask making and distribution
3. Medical assistance
4. Food assistance : 10 thousand families, 500 Rs/family
5. NREGA : No funds needed
6. Food security : No funds needed
Some ways to keep in touch with us and follow our work are through our FB page and mail updates.
With love and thanks,
Ashish with others at JJSS