This is the most vulnerable and excluded social segment in India. Over centuries of subjugation, girls have been taught to bear their health problems/ailments in silence - the pain and hunger that these girls face is a fact of life that they have come to accept as inevitable and not a matter for discussion in the open. The result is several generations of women who are physically crushed, hungry and without any hope and unaware - unaware of the alternatives.
The net result of such a deprivation from what is a fundamental RIGHT serves only to create generations of ill-informed, physical debilitation and carriers of disease and infections of a virulent nature which includes water and air-borne bacteria and virus, Malaria/Typhoid, Jaundice, UTI, STD, cancer, tuberculosis and AIDS.
Specific Use of Funds covers
- Access to comprehensive healthcare under a single roof without having to run from pillar-to-post and, at a nominal cost which, is also on occasions waived.
- Detailed check and treatment for UTI and STD.
- Access to medicines and investigative diagnostics.
- Safe-guarding and check to prevent and take early precaution/care in regard against probable disability.
- Complete immunization from he pre-natal stage till the child reached the age of 5 years along with total mother and child care.
- Complete cover of nutrients and vitamin and mineral supplements for both mother and child.
The funds are needed immediately because this programme is on-going and serves to reach-out to the most excluded segments in society without any form of discrimination or expression of personal prejudice.
How do I Plan to Use the Funds?
- Since we have been working at the grass-roots level for the past 26 years geographical locations and beneficiaries are identified before we launch any development initiative.
- There is no wasted movement or, loss in identifying the wrong people and or, the wrong groups/ segments.
- Medical professionals take decisions in regard to the need of individuals and such reports are sanctioned by a committee for sanction/release of the necessary support facilities and medicines etc.
- Expenditure is restricted specifically to the defined 'Specific Use of Funds' elaborated above.