I am a very passionate swimmer, though I picked up swimming only four years ago. During my past four years of swimming across short distances, I have been able to scale significant milestones. However, now having achieved this big milestone of swimming more than 13 hours and 30 km I wish to make my best efforts to showcase the name of our country across the world.
Towards this aim, I intend to embark on a journey to Cross swim Ocean Seven (Seven Open Water Channels). This effort would not only highlight the prominence of India and its capability in adventure sports but would also underscore the ‘Woman Power’ and also bring to the front the Palk Strait as part of the Indian Ocean in this forum of Open Water Swimming. I wish to inform you that I have already enrolled for the Catalina Channel in the USA for 28 September 2021 and have started preparing for the same.
I am fully committed to this endeavor and ready to put in all the hard work, I belong to a humble background. Considering that swimming Catalina Channel entails a monetary expenditure of approx. INR 15,00,000/- (Fifteen Lakhs), it is very challenging for me to manage with my limited resources.
Thus, to help me realize this dream and spread our country name across the world I would request your esteemed office to assist me in generating funds/ resources to realize this effort. I am willing to support the name and logo of the sponsor. In addition, I would acknowledge the support of my sponsors for my expedition during my interactions at various forums.
Below are my achievement and awards -
- THE PALK STRAIT – 30 km. – (Solo Adventure) Talaimannar, SRI LANKA to Dhanushkodi, INDIA.
- 3km - 22nd Rank – (Sea Back Water) FINA WORLD MASTERS CHAMPIONSHIP, Gwangju, South Korea on 06 to 20th Aug. 2019
- 1.5 km - 1st Place - Krishna River – 19th, 20th & 21st (Continues 3 years) Krishna River Crossing Swimming Competition, Aqua Devils Welfare Association, Vijayawada on 27th Jan.2019.
- 5km - Thonnuru Swimmethon - 2nd Place – Lake -
- Yoska and Eduro Sports - Thonnuru Lake, Mysuru on 30th June, 2019
- 13km - Ganga River Crossing - 6th Place
- 12th National Takshila Open Water Long Distance Ganga Swimming Competition - Patna, Bihar on 10th Nov. 2019.
- 14km - Hoogly River Crossing - 7th Place, 45th Allen’s All India 14km Long Distance Swimming Competition – Kolkata, West Bengal on 22nd Dec. 2019. Org. by Ahiritola Youth swimming club.
- 10km Aquaman Swimmethon - 2nd Plate – Ocean, National Open Water Swimming Competition 3rd Nov 2019. (Recognized by the Swimming Federation of India - SFI) - Goa, Maharastra.
- 5km Swimmethon – 1st Plate – Sea Swimming, National Open Water Swimming Competiton 11th Jan 2020. (Recognized by the Swimming Federation of India - SFI) – Porbandar, Gujarath.
- WOMEN ACHIEVER AWARD in SPORTS – From WOMEN DEVELOPMENT & CHILD WELFARE DEPARTMENT, TELANGANA.
- THE BUSINESS LEADER AWARD – from TV9
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – from COWE (Confederation of Women Entrepreneurs)
- WONDER WOMEN AWARD – SSCKK Foundation.
- BEST SHORT FILM AWARD – to my short film (Meere Cheppandi) on VANITHA TV
Please lend me your hand with your donations and shares. It would mean the world to me.