PRAYOG has been reaching out to teachers through books and book reviews and discussions via digital media. It was a tough choice for us over the past fortnight as we couldn't sit and see the situation around. Though the schools are closed, we did survey via google forms and took views of community and teachers on what they think PRAYOG can help in this situation. 48% of the respondents suggested that we should reach out to the needy at this time of crisis.
We would be taking onus in terms of following activities in the community in Kuchaikote, Gopalganj:
1. Cloth masks as per standards for 2000 families (5 masks per family) i.e 10000 pieces
2. Soaps for encouraging hand wash to 2000 families (2 per family) i.e 4000 soaps
3. Direct Cash transfer of Rs.1000 each to 100 families (the neediest ones, all references would be validated ones only and we gave them cash only: family decides through their wisdom to purchase whatever they need)
The expense would be as below:
1. Cloth masks: Rs 15*10000 = Rs. 150000
2. Soaps: Rs 10*4000= Rs. 40000
3. Direct cash transfer= Rs 1000*100= Rs. 100000
TOTAL: Rs 290000
To begin with, PRAYOG is committing an amount of Rs 25000 for the cause and would need your support as well in any form. Unfortunately, we don't have 80G yet and hence cannot issue any tax exemption certificate at this stage. BUT, any amount that you commit would be a good contribution to the community. Once you commit to supporting this fundraiser, I will get back to you and share the account details of PRAYOG.
What you get is a commitment from PRAYOG that your money reaches out to the community for whom you are thinking.
Do get back to us in case you have any queries.
PRAYOG is a registered Trust working in Gopalganj since 2013. Our work revolves around community library and we are currently supporting and running library sessions for children of primary grades (~5000) in 18 Government schools in Kuchaikote block, Gopalganj. Some of our work in these library sessions have been replicated by District Administration through our technical support. This fundraiser is to support the community we are working with.
A few links to our work:
1. One of our experiences with teachers engagement in reading