- Today India is facing a challenge of 60 lakh school dropouts per year at the secondary level.
- Kids in rural India are NOT developing a Scientific Temperament because of the way science is taught.
- Make science Fun, Engaging, and Hands-on for the kids in rural schools.
- Empower their local science teacher with a fresh and engaging way to make kids fall in love with science.
- A Complete Experiential Learning Science Kit Set - DIY Mysteries Science Kit.
- 10 experiments and 1 product development kit ranging from physics, chemistry, and biology for one semester.
- A-Train the Trainer program for the teachers via videos and booklets and personal help from the team.
- Each kit trains 50 students.
- HOW WE MEASURE IMPACT -
- MCQs conducted Immediately after experiment sessions.
- Consistent Sessions and Mentoring is being done by the team for five years with the same set of students.
- Improvement in Academic Results.
- WE ARE READY TO SCALE 12000 students Across the schools of Maharashtra.
- We have already tested with 700 students by the end 2020
To Reach 12000 Students
- Each kit trains 50 students for 1 semester
- Therefore we need 240 kits x 2 semesters = 480 kits
- Each kit costs Rs.3000
- Therefore we need 480x3000 = 14,40,000 INR
- 300 kits designed by Women Scientists
- 14 sessions conducted throughout 7 schools across Maharashtra
- The kit is tired and tested, and we are READY TO SCALE
Prof. Samir Ghole
- President, Vismay Foundation
This Art of Science project of Smile Wellness Foundation is a very good initiative. I feel every school should welcome this. This is especially going to add value to the students in villages, where many times there are no Laboratories... Students enjoy doing experiments and they get thrilled when they realize they can make some product.
Students get interested and come up with many inquiries. Students perform experiments and they grasp concepts in science easily. Smile Wellness Foundation has conducted 4 Science Workshops..and students felt so enthusiastic to handle material..tubes.. doing experiments by themselves. They really look forward to the next Science Workshop.
It had a strong positive impact on our students. So much so that they have started implementing the ideas discussed during the workshop in their everyday lives ; doing small experiments at home and especially in the kitchen.
It has been great associating with you.
Founder:- Dr.Surekha Bhalerao - "I started the SMILE Wellness Foundation (SWF) to spread SMILEs and promote wellness by educating communities about physical, emotional, and spiritual health. Our team comprises scientists and researchers who believe in the power of quality education to create long-term wellness in communities. Thus, we want to use science education as a tool for creating empowerment and unwavering smiles.”
We provide education kits that spark curiosity and love for learning in children who do not have access to quality education.
Dr. Surekha Bhalerao has also received Award as a Social Entrepreneur for Art of Science Project Finalist All India level in the hands of Dr. Raghunath Mashelkar, on the platform of the National Conference for Social Innovation of Pune International Center.(18th November 2019)
Dr. Surekha Bhalerao
- FICCI Gold Medalist, DST Award
- Corporate Trainer and Wellness Coach.
- Yoga Trainer
- IT Professional
- Social Worker
- Consultant, Pharma Biotech
- Planning and Management
- Animal Lover
- Social Worker
- Software Professional
- Technical Support
According to a study, 2 major reasons students dropout out of schools are :
a) LOSS OF INTEREST
b) DIFFICULTY IN COPING UP WITH STUDIES.
1) Experiments For V to VIII std Students
2) A Portable Ready use Science Lab Kit with brand new Accessories
3) Experiments designed By Professional & Experienced Scientists of India.
4) Videos for all Experiments.
5) A Quick After Experiment Test to quantify learnings.
6) Most Fun and Effective way of Learning.
7) Active Since last 2.5 years
We offer 2 Science workshops per year. We propose this exercise for 5 years so, at the end of 5 years, the student has come across 100 experiments and will develop skills to make 10 new products.