Some features of the Proposed Dog Shelter -
- The shelter relies on a series of courtyards divided by Pergolas, akin to a center rather than a 'jail-like' fencing which is often associated with dog shelters.
- Unlike conventional shelters, the dogs will be put in individual rooms in a home-like setting with play structures and other amenities.
- There will be four fenced big dog play areas with double-gated entry, one agile park area, one cool-off water body in the centre, shade structures, benches and dog play apparatus.
- The big dog area is designed in about half an acre of off-leash, free run lawn area, an ideal place to play and run free. Small dogs would be in a separate double-gated area from the large dogs.
- A Medical centre to cater to the medical needs of the dogs (vaccinations, injuries, rehabilitation among other things)
- The shelter accomplishes its ambience with numerous trellises, extensive outdoor seating space extends into the greenery, inviting both human and animal recreation.
We hope to create a “healthy and inspiring environment” for sheltered dogs and for all the dog lovers who will visit and work at the Dog Shelter.
Any monetary help towards this initiative will be extremely helpful in bringing this plan into action in the immediate future. We look forward to your support in crystallizing this vision.
Facility for 1000 dogs.
About Heartfulness Institute:
We are a global non-profit organisation, associated with United Nations DPI, with a 75-year history, offering unique, simple, and secular practices such as relaxation, meditation, and rejuvenation for self-development to help us find inner calm and stillness in our extremely fast-paced world. Our presence spans over 140+ countries with over three million practitioners, 14,000 trainers and retreat centres worldwide. Globally Heartfulness meditation is offered free of charge.
Pursuant to our vision and values, we have branched out towards serving humanity in areas such as education, continuing medical research, executive leadership development, everyday wellness, green initiatives and other digital offerings such as our App (iOS/Android), Magazine and Webinars.