1. I am Sooraj SB from Bangalore,India. I will be embarking on a 40 days solo motorcycle tour covering the entire perimeter of India covering a distance of more than 15000 kms starting from Jammu and Kashmir. I have been fascinated with riding solo on motorcycles since childhood and have successfully completed five major tours across India.
2. My School, Baldwin Boys’ High School, Bangalore has been instrumental in shaping my career and has helped me become what I am today. I am indebted to my Teachers and other support staff of this esteemed institution for nurturing me for ten years as a student.
3. I would like to spread awareness about the importance of School Teachers and the difficulties they face after retirement in our country amongst people I meet enroute. The alumini of my school are now residing at major cities in India which I intend to cover . This will give me an opportunity to personally connect with them after 15 years and remind them of School teachers who were instrumental in shaping their respective careers.
4. I have divided this tour into four phases which are as follows.
(a) Phase I - Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir to Imphal, Manipur.
(b) Phase II - Imphal, Manipur to Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu.
(c) Phase III- Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu to Rann of Kutch, Gujarat.
(d) Phase IV- Rann of Kutch, Gujarat to Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir.
5. The fact that this solo tour will help me connect with my school alumni across India and build a team who can come together to recognise the efforts of school teachers and render help in matters that concern them.