Covid 19 has affected millions, with thousands dying daily. This second wave has caught all of us by surprise, and caused a huge surge in urgent need for hospital beds, oxygen and critical medicines.
Who are we supporting:
COVID patients with SpO2 between 80 and 94, and no comorbidities. We are establishing "step-down" facilities across cities/ towns. Think of it as a 'hospital minus 1 level'. Aim is to provide oxygen support and care to Covid+ patients in early stages of the disease or while recovery, so as to reduce load on hospital ICUs. Facilities will be free of cost, to the most needy. Your contribution here will lead to immediate impact. The first facility was launched with Covid India Campaign on 16th May.
Every INR 80,000 coming in will create an oxygenated bed.
Note: Rs. 15,00,000 was raised towards setting up the first facility in Bangalore in partnership with Covid India Campaign. More details on the facility below.
Funds over Rs. 15,00,000 will be used for additional facilitities, ramping our covid war room efforts and providing other relief material to rural India. We will keep sharing updates transparently on this page.
More details about the facility that has already been setup:
1. We worked in collaboration with Covid India Campaign (https://covidindiacampaign.org/) and the govt. of Karnataka, who have mobilised a group of frontline doctors, Rotarians, hospital owners, entrepreneurs and social workers to drive on ground implementation. They are in the process of opening 2 Covid Care Centres by 11th May.
3. We were guided by Dr Naga Nishchal, India Head for Clinical Services, Cloud Nine Hospitals
4. The facility was based in an unused Unani medical college, Bangalore. It will have 20 beds to start with.
5. Oxygen Concentrators and other equipment and consumables are available - SpO2 monitors , crash carts (with life saving medicines, defibrillators, etc., that can save a patient in life and death situation), basic injectables and IV drugs
6. Nurses and doctors were hired and trained to handle patient care
Points to note while donating:
- 80G certificate will be shared directly from the fundraiser page in a few days
- The NGO who will receive these funds is ICATT Foundation, the NGO supporting Covid India Campaign (https://covidindiacampaign.org/)
- Milaap is doing great work, and has an option of paying 15% of your donation amount as tips. Feel free to edit the tip percentage.