Jerry's Care | Milaap
Jerry's Care
42%
Raised
Rs.63,741
of Rs.1,50,000
59 supporters
  • Shubhangi

    Created by

    Shubhangi Negi
  • S

    This fundraiser will benefit

    Shubhangi

    from Noida, Uttar Pradesh

JERRY NEEDS YOUR HELP 💜

Every morning when we comfortably wake-up on our beds Jerry woke-up roadside. But jerry was still happy because he knew that there are some of his hoo-man friends who will always try to keep him happy, who will spoil him with yum-yum food & treats and who will love him no matter what. But he didn't knew that a day would come when he'll wake-up run over by a car, left in pain and blood and no one to help.

A Wednesday morning some local people who look after my college dogs called & informed me that one of them has met with an accident. He was just peacefully sleeping by the road when a person recklessly drove over him and left him distorted. I immediately rushed to check on him and i was shocked to see him. He was covered with blood which cleared how much blood loss he had, his right leg femur bone was popping out tearing his muscles, he was unable to move cuz of the pain and i cannot even tell how loud he screamed when we tried to pick him up. He was in such a terrible condition and i don't know how he managed to wag his tail when he saw me. With the help of some kind people we somehow picked him and rushed to vet.

He was taken to Healwell Pet Clinic and he got all the necessary treatment he needed at the moment. His blood test, x-ray was done and he was admitted at the clinic.

Afterwards I took him to Max Vets Hospital for second opinion and it was made very clear by the Vets that surgery is the only option left. Not one but he might have to undergo multiple surgeries to get back into shape and hopefully if everything goes well he'll be able to walk someday. Vets suggested to get a CT Scan done as well in order to have a better look at his current situation. They concluded that due to accident Jerry's both femur bone got fractured (one of them popped out of his body), left tibia and febila were also fractured and there were multiple fractures on his pelvis as well.

Jerry was admitted to "Max Vets Hospital" so that he could get the best possible care. Before scheduling his surgery some more tests were done and it came out that Jerry is also suffering from Tick Fever + his hemoglobin was low. This complicated his case even more than it already was. On the top of that there was a lot puss formation on his open wound which indicated infection in that area. Due to this his first surgery was put on hold. His treatment for Tick Fever begun and necessary treatment was given in order to control the infection on the wound. After 2 days when infection on wound seemed under control his blood test was repeated, which showed improvement in hemoglobin level. So finally Vets decided to proceed with his first surgery since we had no more time to wait. It was risky but we were hoping for the best🤞. Finally On 28th September, 2021 his first surgery took place. His surgery went on for 2.5 to 3 hours and multiple implants were placed. Post surgery his temperature went down to 92°F and then went high to 104°F during midnight. Finally after 9-10 hours of surgery his temperature became normal (101.5°F) and he was stable. He started eating in no time and was out of danger. His blood test was repeated which showed that his hemoglobin dropped to 6.5 (12-18 is limit). He is still getting all the necessary treatment that he requires post surgery and as of now his second surgery is kept on hold. Soon he will be shifted to a medical boarding and will be kept under strict observation. After observing him for at least 2-3 weeks vets will take a call for his second surgery (whether to be done or not). Till then he will be shifted to a medical boarding (with proper hygiene), all required medicines/supplements will be continued for the prescribed period of time and his physiotherapy will begun.

Jerry's current status-
*First surgery done
*Eating well, No vomiting
*Temperature stable
*Can pee and poop on his own
*Stitches are fine but inflammation on both hind legs due to surgery
*Less mobility on legs as of now
*Treatment for Tick Fever still going on + other necessary treatment
*Injections given to rise his hemoglobin level
*Second surgery on hold as of now (vets will take a call whether to be done or not)


I HAVE HUGE BILLS OF JERRY TO CLEAR AND MORE WILL BE ADDED TO THIS. FEW MONTHS ARE GOING TO BE TOUGH FOR JERRY BUT I WILL TRY MY BEST TO PULL HIM THROUGH.

THE AMOUNT I AM RAISING WILL BE USED TO CLEAR HIS CLINIC BILLS, HOSPITAL BILLS, AMBULANCE BILLS, MEDICAL BOARDING BILLS, MEDICINE BILLS, PHYSIOTHERAPY BILLS, ETC.

Little bit of your support can make a huge impact on Jerry's life. If you would like to help him and see him walk again someday please considering donating any amount.

Jerry will wufff you for supporting him🌸

Read More

support