Why is this need of the hour -
A large number of daily wage earners do not have the backing of a steady monthly income or the flexibility of working from home like a lot of us have today.
They also do not have enough savings to stock up on food and other essentials for their family, young ones included. As responsible citizens of our country with the means to help, we need to unite together and help feed everyone and ensure nobody sleeps hungry.
Who will we help and how?
- Daily wage earners have been most impacted by the Covid-19 lockdown
- One Ration Kit will be issued to every family mapped under us. Each kit will contain grains for a family of 5 for one week
- This is a 100% not for profit campaign, and we will disclose the use of proceeds in a financial transparency report sent to all contributors to the campaign
- Our volunteers and NGO partners will ensure responsible distribution of these kits while ensuring ‘Social Distancing’ guidelines.
We need 1 crores = 20,000 families x 2 weeks of ration x Rs. 500 per kit
- Each kit for a family costs us Rs.500
We have made standardised food supply kits for a family of 5 for two weeks. Each kit contains a combination of food grains and pulses - Wheat Flour, Rice, and pulses.
- 100% proceeds will be donated in procuring and distributing meal kits to families of daily wage earners across 3 cities.