Styrene gas is sweet gas, and it may kill people if they breathe it during their sleep time.
At least eight persons, including two senior citizens and an eight-year-old girl, are feared dead and over 5,000 sick after styrene gas leak from a chemical plant in Vizag in the early morning today. Some trees are burned and Birds and animals also died.
The incident led to panic among locals in the 3km-radius area. Many People were seen lying unconscious on roads and while some faced Breathing Difficulties and some people are complained rashes on their body and soar eyes.
Chronic (long-term) exposure to styrene in humans results in effects on the central nervous system (CNS), such as headache, fatigue, weakness, and depression, CSN dysfunction, hearing loss, and peripheral nephropathy.
Health effects of styrene include irritation of the skin, eyes, and the upper respiratory tract. Acute exposure may also result in gastrointestinal effects. ... Provides an Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH) document that includes acute toxicity data for styrene. Due to this We badly need Help for Real and needy affected Persons. It's a bad situation and the Government also unable to support Some times also. We are Humanitarians and we must support those affected Persons by any type.
We want to set up an Alternative alarm system ( Styrene gas detector) in the Villages surrounding Polymers Companies. and maintain them.
So that in case of emergencies, we could save the life
We also train the village locals on how to maintain it regularly and do Test Drills every 3 months
Support for those affected Persons in any kind.
We need support for their families due to LockDown.