For exploited women in the Red-Light Area, we accelerate the freedom process by empowering them with confidence and skills for sustainable employment (in Somerset Exports).
VALUES: - why we do what we do
- “For women in the RLA” All humans should be treated with respect, dignity, and value.
- “We accelerate the freedom process” No one is the property of another, nor to be exploited by another. Liberty is an inherent human right that should be fought for on behalf of those deprived of it.
- “By empowering them with confidence and skills” Through healthy relationships marked by trust, skills, and confidence gained through specific training and equipping, and by providing opportunities for a better future, they experience the liberating power of choice.
- “for sustainable employment” We help to transition women into employment, primarily in Somerset Exports, so that they have retirement savings, health care, and earn a living wage for sustained freedom.
RESPONSIBILITIES: - what we do
1) Establish healthy relationships with women in the RLA.
2) Create and develop an environment of holistic care in the Training Center.
3) Direct and facilitate on-going specific skill and trade development programs that lead to sustained freedom.
METHODS: - how we do it
- “Healthy relationships” We have a daily presence in red-light areas of Kamatipura, Grant Road, and Falkland road with an objective, the measurable process by which we invite the women into a deeper level of trusting relationship by showing who we are, what we do, and what we say (being, doing, saying).
- “Holistic care” We assess a woman’s specific needs, then implement plans that progressively build toward meeting her physical, social, emotional. Life skill sessions and counseling in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy helps the women to come out from a traumatic past and move towards a life of joy and peace.
- “On-going specific skill and trade development” We have developed and implemented 6 training modules which have a duration of 4-5 months. Each module increases in difficulty and specificity so that upon completion of all 6 Tailoring training modules a Trainee can step into Somerset Exports and produce a Bulk or Athleisure product to full specificity and meeting the quality control standards