We earnestly request the people reading this to bear a couple of minutes and give this call a thought, contribute and share. We have tried to cover all the FAQs below for your perusal.
- Who are we?
- We are a group of enthusiastic folks who are volunteering selflessly in this crucial situation. (social activists, educationists, civil service aspirants, youth from different parts of Assam.)
- What is our purpose?
- It is very common that people from Northeast, especially remote villages, migrate to metro cities and other tier 2 cities in different parts of the country looking for better opportunities. Unfortunately, it has been reported that thousands of migrant workers are stuck and stranded in different parts of the country due to the nationwide lock-down. Further, it is undeniable that the people of Northeast have been/are subjected to social stigma/racism in various forms and now it is only adding to the fear of eviction threats. Having run out of money and food they are experiencing a diabolic situation and fear crossing the oblivion soon (based on the telephonic conversations we had with some of them).
- Kick started within our circles to connect with the migrant labourers stuck and stranded in different parts of the country and provide them an immediate relief of food and shelter(provided by the respective States/generous people).
After much deliberation, we have chalked out a strategy to take a step forward and help this vulnerable fraction financially. Initially we shout out a clarion call to crowdfund a sum of 1 Lac INR.
- How would the funds be disseminated?
- This would provide direly needed financial assistance to the migrant labourers who live hand to mouth
- Immediate relief in the form of food and shelter (the tenure between release and receipt of Government fund/relief)
- Medical assistance if and when required
For transparency purposes, the funds will be transferred directly to the accounts of the beneficiaries or the vendors providing food, shelter and medicine.
We would appreciate your contributions. It is our belief and iron will to restore an equilibrium in society in our own small ways. Together we can fight and win this greatest war against humankind. Thanks for the patience and hope of a fruitful contribution from your end.