KOTA COVID AID is a youth collective started in April'21 with an aim to verify the availability of necessary medical aid for treating COVID and share that information with the beneficiaries. Over time we identified that the second wave has severely started to impact underprivileged communities in and around the city. On a daily basis cases in rural areas are going unidentified and untreated due to lack of awareness and required health infrastructure. Seeing this, we started a fundraising campaign on Milaap to support unprivileged families with medical and ration aid.
PHASE 1 UPDATE: We successfully completed the first phase of this campaign by collecting Rs 80,000 and providing the resources to 50 families & 6 Anganwadis in Sarola, Dabar & Moti Kuan villages of Sarola Gram Panchayat, Rajasthan in collaboration with Preeti Singh Jhala (Sarpanch of Gram Panchayat Sarola),
After speaking to the local officials and medical professionals we decided to help the underprivileged families by providing them with basic medical aid kit, dry ration and additionally handing them a booklet (in native language) which consists of the necessary precautions, list of emergency numbers & home remedies suggested by Ministry of Ayush, Government of India.
Each Medicine Kit include:
1. N95 Masks (4 masks each family)
2. 60ml bottle of Sanitizer (Qty- 1)
3. 10 tablets of each medicine:
Paracetamol (500mg), Vitamin C (500mg), Vitamin B complex with B12, Zinc (50mg) - as per the home isolation guidelines released by the central government.
4. Booklet in native language with instructions & basic information on covid in order to create awareness.
5. One Thermometer for each family.
2. Dal 1 kg
3. Rice 2 kg
4. Oil 1 lt
5. Salt 1 kg
6. Daliya 1 kg
7. Haldi powder 100 gm
8. Dhaniya powder 100 gm
9. Mirchi powder 100 gm
With the help of local officials and Anganwadi workers, we identify the families who are in need of immediate medical and ration assistance. Our volunteers find out and source the materials for the medical and ration kits at the best possible rates. We then distribute these kits to the families in rural areas around the Kota district.
PHASE 2 ONGOING: In the next phase, we are targeting 200 families in 10+ Villages of the Kota district.
Our NGO partner 'Sachetan Society' is registered for tax exemption under section 80G (5) and section 12A under The Income Tax Act 1961.
The donors are eligible to claim 50% deduction under section 80G while filing their Income Tax Returns.
Please donate directly to Sachetan Society to claim 80G deduction. Kindly note 'Donation For Kota Covid Aid' is required to be mentioned in remarks.
Bank Transfer Details:
Sachetan Society For Research And Education
State Bank of India- ADB Kota Branch
A/C No.: 32852896009
IFSC Code: SBIN0001838
About Our Team
1. Drishti Ahuja - Worked as manager at Sun Pharma; Audit Consultant at Grant Thornton; CA; B.Com (Hons.) from Venkateshwara College, DU
2. Palak Sharma - Co-founder, Green Governance Initiative; Managing Director, Centre for Advanced Studies in Policy Research; UK Civil Services Fast Streamer 2020; Alumni, London School of Economics
3. Aarav - Entrepreneur & founder of Kota City Blog.
4. Sarika Gupta - Founder & Facilitator at Safe N’ Happy Periods, a Non-Profit; Founder Trustee AMODINI Foundation, a charitable trust working on women health, empowerment, livelihoods & Environment.
9. Shivani Jain - Senior Audit Manager at Virtuoso Business Consulting; Finance Head at Weconnect Soft Solutions; B.com from Kota Commerce College.
A Non-Profit based in Kota is consulting us with the implementation of the project and better management of resources and funds. Know more about the Sachetan, click here
Safe N' Happy Periods
A non-profit organization supporting us by donating sanitary pads for girls of families we are reaching out to. Know more about the organization, click here
Other initiatives like Raktveer Yuva Team, K1 healthcare, Ghar Ki Rasoi, etc are also supporting us with research, logistics and distribution.
How can you help?
- Extend your support by donating, we will make sure your money reaches the people in need.
- Spread the word: Share this campaign link with friends/family and on your social media
- Volunteer and join our team. For more details, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch / Ask your queries -