With nobody coming forward to help them, these people, already struggling to live their everyday lives, are left on their own to recoup their losses.
The incident was covered by the Daily Chronicle as shown in the link below. Giant PVC pipes had been dumped on an empty land nearby, and no one knows how it happened, but they caught fire. And the smoke from the fire was deadly enough to cause some appliances to completely melt in the toxic heat!
No news yet about any long-term harm to health of the populace, but burning plastic is definitely toxic.
A lot of the houses have been blackened by the smoke.
With a little help, the people of Burma Colony will be able to recover.