- Samarpan Home is a part of a Registered NGO Trust- Samarpn Foundation operational since 2006.
- Samarpan Homes are for orphaned, abandoned and abused children. The running of the Institutional Child Care program is strictly governed by the licensing authorities (Department of women and child development under Ministry of Women and Child development), supervised and monitored by Child Welfare Committees (a bench of magistrate) and Child Protection Unit; and is under the strict adherence to the Juvenile Justice Act.
- At present there are 13 girls and 12 boys, a total of 25 children who have either been orphaned, abandoned or abused. It goes up to 29/30 children at a given point of time. We have some kids who have been with us since the age of 4 and have grown with us.
- We get children from impoverished backgrounds through sexual abuse cases and cases of orphans whose lives are under threat, from lower middle class are also considered under CNCP cases.
This is that step where YOU can intervene and give these children their basic dignity and right to childhood.
We have managed to make a fantastic place and order for these children who are dreaming BIG. And without your support, it is going to come crashing down.
No amount is too small as every drop collected makes the ocean. Your small or big contribution is going to re write the fates of these 25 children.
How much do we need?
We need the financial assistance of 32,00,000 INR for 12 months to meet the running expenses of tuition, nutrition, healthcare and protection to being able to cater to individual care plan specific for each child, including the child’s well being – physical, mental, emotional and hopefully spiritual.
It is 10,666 INR per month per child which includes all the below activities
- Tuition and Well Being
- Medical Health care
- Safety and Protection
- Personality Development
- Vocational Courses
- Extra-Curricular activities- Sports and Arts
Time is not on our side. Overall cost of the project is 50 L+ . We have managed to get the funds from other donors and the deficit is 32L which we need as soon as possible.
Last three years we have had donors like TATA Trusts. We have been trying for all kinds of CSR projects but to no avail. For past one year, we were struggling to keep this going and now we are on the brink of taking a call to close the project if the timely assistance doesn’t come for maintaining the project.
How is the money utilized?
The Children’s homes those who know works differently from other short term or non residential program. We have hundreds of mandates to adhere to. From having MSW to no of STAFF per child ratio to standards of nutrition etc which are all met to the minutest detail. We need a min of this one year amount as a placeholder to start approaching Corporate and Individuals for CSR FUNDING and Individual donations.
Details of the break up:
We have a regularized auditing system since we were working with Trusts like TATA who ask for a granulated budgeting of spends.
The split of the running cost would be as follows spread across
- Program costs which include nutrition, welfare, Tuition's, Field trips, excursions and their other requirements that include clothing, uniforms, undergarments, Transport and Salaries of the staff. These are the big components.
- Non Program Costs: Homes maintenance bills, Internet, Pest control, Phones, Kitchen, etc
- It is a project of the Registered NGO, Samarpan Foundation under the REG NO
- We provide 80G against the contributions
- Valid 12AA certificate
- You can contact the admin of MIlaap to contact us directly for any further inquiry.