Helping the stranded Migrants.
- Shortage of Trains vis-à-vis the massive number of migrant workers wanting to go home.
- Limited Registration of only 200 persons per day per Police Station.
- Lack of clear guidance, transparency, delays and uncertainty in the process of issuing of movement pass, receipt of confirmed SMS for travel etc., leading to intense desperation amongst workers and decision to walk long distances.
- Inadequate Information available with ground staff and police to guide workers. 5.
- Uncertainty of Local Travel from the site of the worker till the railway station.
- Lack of basic requirements on food & water amongst other safety concerns for women & children.
Keeping in view the recent accidents due to overcrowded trucks, we are planning to enagage recognized bus operators and running the buses at 2/3rd capacities to adhere to the social distancing norms. Also, the trip is being insured to cover for any accident or damage during the journey. The travelers would also be provided with Food Kits to help in their journey home.
SAFA s work so far in Covid 19
- Ran campaign YouthFeedindia for 50 days on distributing ration kits across 6 cities – 62000 ration packs distributed in collaboration with NGO s. Now running IftarForAll campaign.
- Collaborated with local communities for warehousing & packaging of ration packs
- Collaborated with FreeRation app for easy disbursal of ration to needy families in challenging demographics.
- Effectively collaborated with India Post for logistics of ration packs
- Local schools for warehousing
- Issued 8 petitions & letters to the press & governance structures as part of Advocacy Group Covid 19
- Part of SWAN & COAST for transporting Migrant workers