Some of the factors that are responsible for this significant migration towards private schools are primarily due to the following reasons
- 1. Lack of efficient pre primary education system
- 2. Lack of infrastructure at Govt Schools
- 3. Lack of IT infrastructure with which one can make classes live and interactive
- 4. Lack of E-books and Animated study material
- 5. Cleanliness of the premises
- 6. Maintenance of Toilets
About the school: The school was established around 40 years back and currently having strength of around 140 students from Ist class to VIIIth class and posted with 08 teachers. The school is having 08 rooms currently and provided with no IT equipment. The village is located at 15 Kms distance from Guntur bus stand.
We have identified the following areas to upgrade the school:
- 1. Provision of Kitchen room (10×12) to enable the staff to provide Mid-day meals in Hot and hygienic condition to the children.
- 2. Provision of classroom furniture to enable the children to sit on benches rather than on floor
- 3. Provision of IT infrastructure to the school to support the class room teaching with audio and videos (04 computers and 04 projectors)
- 4. Provision of Animated videos on syllabus and science kits
- 5. Renovation of toilets
- 6. Painting the building
- To start with, we have taken up provision of room (10×12) for Kitchen with all required amenities. As Alumni of the school, we have collected some amount and started the above task. The progress of the work can be seen from the images uploaded below.
The details about us are given below:
Mr. Pasupuleti Venkatrao, Self Employed, Resident of the village and alumni of the school
Dr. Pasupuleti S N Rao, Assistant Professor, NDA, Pune, and alumni of the school
Mr. P Srinivas, Education committee chairman of the school and alumni of the school,
Mr. B Samba Siva Rao, Self employed, resident of the village and alumni of the school
Mr. N. Ramarao, Self employed, resident of the village and alumni of the school
Mr. B. Suresh, Self employed, resident of the village and alumni of the school
Mr. Ch. Venkata Nageshwararao, Self employed, resident of the village and alumni of the school
Mr. Venkata Krishna Self employed, resident of the village and alumni of the school
All of us are from the above mentioned village and alumni of the above mentioned school and hence we have chosen this school so that monitoring of the ground work can be done personally.
We will be posting the updates as it progresses. Please support this campaign in all possible manner and help us upgrading the school .