(Source - Official Statistics)
We, at Bala Vikasa, are raising funds to provide 5,000 Medical kits worth Rs 2,000 each that include Pulse Oximeter, Thermometer, Government-prescribed essential medicines, N95 masks, among other medical care items, for the COVID affected poor families in the villages across Telangana.
Your valuable donation will help us raise the required funds to distribute these health kits that will save their lives.
India is grappling with an alarming spurt of COVID-19 second wave infections and heavy death toll. As per official reports, cumulative infections are past 25 million, by the third week of May 2021, with the overall COVID-related death count crossing the 290,000 mark.
(Source - Official Statistics)
Unprecedented suffering in Rural India
Rural India with about 900 million people is suffering the brunt of a monumental disparity in India’s health care system, despite the best outreach efforts of civil administration, health department officials, and healthcare providers across the country.
Rural pockets of Telangana are among such worst-hit areas with health care infrastructure crippled by the sharp rise of active caseloads. The low awareness levels, lack of accessibility and affordability to medicines and vitals-monitoring health devices are leaving the rural poor and low-income population more vulnerable to the pandemic.
How do we save lives?
Given the grim situation, it is critical to act very quickly to prevent the rapid spread of infection and save lives in rural Telangana by
- Providing timely health department-prescribed medicines to COVID patients in home isolation
- Providing thermometers and pulse oximeters for continuous monitoring of vital health parameters such as body temperature, oxygen saturation (SpO2) and pulse rate, for early diagnosis and effective treatment either at home or in-hospital when needed
- Providing hygiene-related items to prevent further transmission
Bala Vikasa is an ISO-certified high-impact development innovator with a 44-year legacy of championing Community-Driven Sustainable Development through pioneering multi-sectoral interventions in the areas of rural transformation, capacity-building, advisory services to global non-profits and CSR implementors, incubation services for innovative social enterprises, among other development initiatives.
Snapshot of our past and ongoing COVID-relief work
With the support of our generous CSR partners and individual donors, our ongoing and past COVID relief work include the distribution of
- Grocery kits worth Rs. 25,00,000 distributed to over 4000 COVID hit families, sponsored by SOPAR, Canada.
- 100 Oxygen concentrators to Government hospitals, sponsored by Amazon India.
- 100 Ventilators and BiPAPs to Government hospitals, sponsored by Gland Pharma, India.
- Bottled Water worth Rs. 5,00,000 to health care workers in Government hospitals.
- 2500 Medical Kits worth sponsored Corteva and Indukuru Lifespaces
- Life-saving critical medical equipment to the Gandhi Hospital to help fight COVID.
- Over 1100 smartphones and tabs worth Rs 1 crore to facilitate online education of rural, economically disadvantaged students and orphans.
- Rations kits with a month’s groceries to about 400 transgenders in Warangal and nearly 100 poor widows in the rural areas of Telangana.
- Hand sanitizers and masks to about 500 Frontline workers.
- 1725 kgs of rice, 4375 kgs of vegetables, 3505 masks and 250 hand sanitisers worth Rs 2,69,000 to 5125 poor families.
- Essential goods kits worth Rs 1,89,000 to 69 families of the Anna Nagar Slum in Ghatkesar.