Action Plan for Flood Disaster Management
Rugna Seva Prakalp,Miraj (registered voluntary organization) is working in the field of Health, Environment, Empowerment of women and Rural Development.along with Disaster Management since 1991.
We have worked in Latur Earthquake, Flood 2005, Drought 2003, 2016 along with many likeminded organizations. Maharashtra Foundation supported us in the year 2003 for drought relief work (cattle camp)
Current Flood Disaster Area
The Sangli Miraj &Kupwad Corporation Area and 100 villages Five Blocks from Sangli District and 234 villages from 4 Blocks in Kolhapur District including urbanPopulation from City Corporation Area
In the primary flood relief work many Voluntary Organisation, Youth Club, Ganesh Mandal, Lions club, rotary club,Rashtra Seva Dal, Jankalayan samiti and many more CBO’s worked togetherwith good coordination.
Rugna Seva Prakalp has prepared four stages plan for the flood relief work in the area. We have completed first two stages by 15th august 2019
- Rebuilding of Community
- Rescue (5th August to 10th August 2019)
- The Sangli and Kolhapur district is badly affected in this flood situation. The water level was increased in the many villages along with urban area and peoples and animal shifted to the safe places. Due to heavy rainfall in the area the rescue operation is carried out by municipal Corporation Team, local youths andin the worst situation by NDRF, Army NavyTeams .
- RSP is ready with two ambulances to help the team along with many youths. We have provided medical support, food safe water to rescue teams and shifted affected peoples to camps at various schools.
- In this stage we provided medical support to around 4500 people
- Relief Work - 5th August to 15th August 2019
- After shifting of flood affected people to relief camps,many voluntary organisations provided food, water and all possible things to them with the help of local contribution in kind from local area urban people.
- Rugna Seva Prakalp is involved in this activity, additionally we have provided Medical Help by our two Ambulances and team of doctors. We are visiting the nearby area villages for the providing medical treatment.
- We had provided services in Corporation area relief camps and Vaddi, Dhavali,Tanang, Nilji, Bamni, Dhamani, Palus, Radewadi, Haripur villages.
- Approximately we could provide medical support to 6000 people.
- From 15th August 2019 all relief camps are closed and shifting of people is started. The good coordination is seen in the community apart from religion, cast and status.
- Rebuilding of Community 16th August to 31stAugust 2019
We will help urban and rural flood victims from Sangli District and some rural part of Kolhapur District near and co adjacent to Sangli District.
Our work plan
- Food Kits ( to poor / landless labors urban slums population )
- Mats, Blankets, utensil and other material where needed
- Medical Support to flood affected people by Mobile Dispensary
- Providing Cleaning and disinfection material
- Educational Material to Students from totally affected area near to river
- To provide support to the schools other than construction and repairs
- Helping and guiding people to get Government Benefits
- Reconstruction 1st August to 31st December
- Due to heavy rainfall for more than 10 days and retention of high waterlevel with pressure in the river bank areas up to one week, the village infrastructure has became weak and unsafe.
- Under this reconstruction activity, we have planned to support destroyed village infrastructure like School building, Library,Community Hall and houses of very poor family.(where needed)
- We are focusing on School Buildings, because many school rooms are destroyed or became unsafe to use. Educational infrastructure is very important part of school facilities and for the proper development of next generation. As per primary record the number of destroyed school buildings per block is as under,
- Affected School Buildings
- No of School
- No of class rooms
- The quantum of the destroyed buildings is very high.We have decided to concentrate on small numbers where the destruction is very high and needs urgent attention to restore normal activities of school at the earliest.
- Reconstruction of 10 classrooms including infrastructure.
- Repairing of 20 classrooms with infrastructure.
- Providing educational material to 1000 students.
- Repairing of 5 Librarieswith infrastructure.
- (apart from repairing / construction, we will provide some books to libraries or setting up new village libraries)
- Repairing of 3 Community halls with infrastructure.
- Personal Support for reconstruction of houses for poor families- 25** Nos.
- **(Government is approving some amount for this activity; we will fill the gap between the Govt. Support and actual expenditure)
At this stage we have not calculated actual budget required for the Reconstruction Plan. After completion of our third stage of action plan we will start this activity.
We are in touch with Government Authority and we are collecting information required for reconstruction activity.
Approx budget requested along with administration cost is Rs. 108,00000/-
Dr. Bhalchandra G. Sathaye
Rugna Seva Prakalp, Miraj
District Sangli Maharashtra