India is Hungry !!
But we waste 72% of our Vegetable ,Fruits and Milk*!!
1. Me and 3 of friends in IIT Mandi campus felt that fruits and vegetables are pretty costly in the market of our campus and in nearby campus. People says its due to its hilly location.
2. We find organic products are pretty costly and people says with 1.5 billion organic farming is just a myth.
3. Rate of cancer is increasing. One of the cause is pesticides and chemical in food.
Can we just blame each other ?
like - what can we do with such large population ?
One day we visit a talk of Prof.
Ashok Jhunjhunwala (IIT Madras)
He said " You are in IIT. Govt spending tax payers hard earned money on you. You cant blame. You have to find a way about the things , you think should be changed."
This was our Motivation!
Finding the Cause:
We started by collecting the data from nearby markets to analysis the proper cause and a shock was waiting for us. We have seen more than 50% product is getting wasted in market. We thought the collected data is wrong. Then we tally our data with some standard sources like Times of india, DNA India, Emerson Climate Technology India.
The cause what we found is
1. India throws away fresh fruit & vegetables worth of 13000 crore due to lack of cold storage.
Source: Emerson Climate Technology India
2. 72% of our total produced fruit, vegetables and milf is wasted due to lack of organized local retail market, lack of proper communication, lack of prediction, presence of middlemen.
We use just 28% and waste 72%!!!!
Planning & Research :
We are working to develop technology to make the unorganized retail market smarter.
1. Cold Storage Cum Vending Machine:
a. It will increase the availability (24*7 Vending).
b. Reduce middlemen as farmers can directly load their products.
c. It will reduce wastage by cooling products at proper temperature.
2. Software Back Ground:
a. App for farmers for tracking sell and increase profit:
b. App for buyers for live tracking.c. Buyers will get products according to their preference .
d. If buyers upload medical history the app can advice proper diet.e. The user data is taken completely anonymously ( encrypted, no one can access the user data). The buyers data is used to making analysis and prediction about local market to make the environment smarter and more efficient. The app advise farmers which fruits need to be loaded more and when.
Work in Progress :
Currently we are making a prototype
1. Making Application in process
2. Back ground Data management system (Prediction, Analysis, Pattern making) are still in planning stage.
3. Mechanical design is ready. We are about to start making the hardware within one week.
Requirement of support:
We are going to make the prototype and test it in our own campus and in a village near our campus.To build the hardware and maintain the software system in testing stage we need financial help.
After successful testing we are interested to present our prototype to Govt. of India and to some privet companies for implementation of our idea.
Thank You for Reading!!