We, Rights to Life Foundation, are a group of apolitically united people from all the spheres of our Society, dedicated to fight all our social evils. We took the pledge of standing beside humanity since 2017, when a communal riot reared its ugly face in Dhulagarh, WB. Ever since then, our organization has continuously and ceaselessly been at the service of those who are oppressed and those who are suffering in silence. With time, it has become an unmistakable voice for those who are afraid to speak up. It has conducted several movements successfully, some of them being:
1. To raise important public health issues in remote area and get them resolved following proper negotiation with relevant authority.
2. To push forward and materialize the idea of sustainable cultivation by which farmers as well as society can benefit.
3. During the first lockdown in India in 2020, countless migrant labours got stuck under miserable conditions in various states of India. RTLF stood by them and arranged for the migrant labours of West Bengal to come back home or to provide basic life necessities like food, medicines, sanitizers etc so that they can live properly, wherever they are stuck.
4. In West Bengal, across the state countless people have been on the verge of starvation due to the pandemic as it has robbed them of their livelihood. RTLF has tirelessly reached out to them and supported them with all necessary items.
In the current scenario, we plan to do the following:
1. To arrange for Oxygen cylinders for the critical patients (We have already obtained the required Government approval)
2. To set up Community Kitchen
3. To set up safe homes with necessary amenities
4. To distribute mask and sanitizers among those who cannot afford them
5. To arrange for life saving drugs that are indispensable for Covid treatment (The prices have shot up these days following the huge demand)
The more you stand with us, the more we can stand with the people.
The situation is growing severe day by day and every single day starts with some more extreme threat. In a country like ours, already plagued with excruciating inequality of wealth and opportunities, access to basic health amenities and minimum living resources is a dream for large sections of the society. These are the people whom we don’t come across in either social media or print media. But they are there, left to themselves.
Let us all join hands and become a strong “WE”, not just “us” and “them”.
Samirul Islam +918582811632
Manisha Banerjee +919163292005
Sk Abu Tayeb +917003360593
Debolina Das +919836795962