Reparivartan Foundation is spearheading the ‘Feed the Daily Wager’ project to provide support to affected families across Mumbai. Our aim is to help them have a reliable supply of meals in the absence of employment opportunities.
Why is this need of the hour -
A large number of daily wage earners do not have the backing of a steady monthly income or the flexibility of working from home as a lot of us have today.
They also do not have enough savings to stock up on food and other essentials for their family, young ones included. As responsible citizens of our country with the means to help, we need to unite together and help feed everyone and ensure nobody sleeps hungry.
Who will we help and how?
- Daily wage earners have been most impacted by the COVID-19 lockdown
- We have mapped close to 10,000 such families across 26 cities who need our support
- One Ration Kit will be issued to every family mapped under us. Each kit will contain grains for a family of 5 for one week
- This is a 100% not for profit campaign, and we will disclose the use of proceeds in a financial transparency report sent to all contributors to the campaign
- Our volunteers and NGO partners will ensure the responsible distribution of these kits while ensuring ‘Social Distancing’ guidelines.
- Earlier, we have successfully mobilized thousands of meals as part of emergency relief campaigns in 2019 during Maharashtra floods
We need 50 lacks = 5000 families x 2 weeks of ration x Rs. 500 per kit
- Each kit for a family costs us Rs.500
We have made standardized food supply kits for a family of 5 for two weeks. Each kit contains a combination of food grains and pulses - Wheat Flour, Rice, and pulses.
- 100% proceeds will be donated in procuring and distributing meal kits to families of daily wage earners across Mumbai
- 80 G Tax exemption certificate will be issued for all donations
Reparivartan Foundation is a not for profit organization, designing interventions to reduce the problem of hunger education and health within the underserved communities in India. We have a growing network of Active volunteers present across Maharashtra and have served over thousands of meals to those in need so far through our 5 key programs.
In case you have any questions, suggestions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about us here: http://reparivartanfoundation.org/index.html