As any other happy middle class family our mode of transportation is a two wheeler. Like any other normal day my parents were out and about doing their normal rotuine chores on October 28th. They stepped out to run an errand and little did they knew our lives were going to change forever.
As they were returning home, a gas cylinder lorry(truck) hit their two wheeler from behind. My mother was bounced into the air and fell on the road. The lorry ran over my mother’s right hand and leg. They were rushed to the hospital.
A team of doctors attended to her immediately at Yashoda hospital, Somajiguda and explained the situation to us...
1. Right hand to be amputated just below the elbow.
2. Three bones of the rib cage fractured.
3. Left leg ankle bone broke to pieces.
4. One of the veins behind right ankle is damaged from where heavy blood loss is observed.
5. 50% of right leg skin is torn off and muscle is exposed.
1. Right hand amputated and bandaged fir healing.
2. Leg leg ankle operated and POP was done.
3. The exposed dead tissue on right leg is cut off and vaccum grafting is put up.
4. 7-8 units of blood administered as Haemoglobin fell from 12.8 to 6.
5. Completely on bed as she is advised to.
1. Plastic surgery to right leg.
2. Vaccum grafting to be done 3-4 times more in an interval of 5 days each.
3. Artificial limb for right hand.
4. Physiotherapy and rehabilitation.