The first time around, 90% of the affected people did not require oxygen support but this time, keeping people breathing has become a task. Hospitals all over the country are overwhelmed with the shortage of oxygen and people dying even before they could receive treatment.The country is crying out loud for Oxygen.
“The situation is very bad, for every 10 patients there is only 1 oxygen cylinder. I’ve seen 7-8 people die in front of me due to lack of oxygen”
Project Smile, a non-profit organization, has been working in the background forming Mercy Mission - a response team consisting of 20+ NGOs working in different parts of Bangalore to fight the pandemic. What started with a humble effort to feed the needy caught up in lockdown transpired into a number of Mercy Mission initiatives.
With the second COVID - 19 wave disrupting lives they are helping:
- People looking for oxygen across Bangalore.
- People looking for ambulances for transferring the sick to the hospitals.
How are they helping:Mercy Helpline:
- A telephone helpline has been established since 29-Mar 20 with a team of 16 serving the entire Bengaluru city.
- They are receiving on an average 2000+ calls in the last 2 weeks on mercy helpline number looking for assistance.
- To ensure preparedness, Mercy Angels ambulance teams of paramedical staff & trained volunteers have been formed to help ferry COVID19 patients to hospitals.
- We are providing free oxygen cylinders to the patient while ferrying to hospitals or who are in home quarantine with less symptoms
But they need your help to continue their mission. Your small contribution can save so many lives.
Your funds will be used for:
- Expansion of the existing mercy oxygen distribution network, as the current stock gets over within 12 hours of getting the cylinders refilled every day.
- To procure and expand the network of ambulances to transport patients to hospitals.
- Expansion of staff so as to cater to more patients. As of now out of 2000+ calls being received by mercy helpline, they are able to answer only about 600 calls due to staff limitations.
80G exemption certificate will be issued for all donations within 30-45 days of the campaign ending by the NGO.