The project intends to set up a low-cost sanitary napkin enterprise for providing an affordable option for menstrual hygiene management and piloting a business model for creating employability for the girls and women in the working rural areas. Women often seek affordable feminine hygiene thereby setting this low cost manufacturing sanitary napkin enterprise will help reach a wider audience of rural women
1) To establish a low-cost sanitary napkin production unit managed by rural women/ Self Help Groups for ensuring an adequate supply of sanitary napkins at an affordable price.
2) To improve the economic conditions of women and provide them the opportunities for augmenting their income.
3) To create awareness among rural girls and women on issues of Menstrual Hygiene Management
4) To provide quality infrastructure in the form of vending machines to promote Menstrual Hygiene Management in schools.
5) To engage some rural unemployed youths for marketing (commission basis) and also to fulfill the school requirements to maximum parts.
Another important aspect of the project is to develop the adolescent girls and women as entrepreneurs while taping their potentials and imparting training for their skill diversification and becoming self-sufficient as part of the social enterprise of the low-cost sanitary napkin business and our responsibility to society as a whole.
The proposed project does not compromise on the quality of the sanitary napkin as the raw material used comes from pinewood fiber and not from cotton. The sanitary napkin also has a biodegradable element that ensures minimal damage to the environment.
Request: SIDSR is working for the noble social cause through the donations received from its members and public donations.
The organization requests you to join hands together for the well-being of the rural women and girls by helping us to set up the sanitary pad manufacturing machines in the villages of Meja Block of Prayagraj district.
Each machine and its setup will cost Rs. 3,95,000