Future is tantalizing subject for people like me who are dissatisfied with their surroundings and tend to bring a change! I am a daughter of a proud sportsman and currently pursuing master's in Natural Resources Management (final year). Recently, I got selected as one of the 600 delegates from all over the world for the very reputed World Youth Conference 2019 which is at Port Louis, Mauritius from 22 September,2019 to 25 September,2019. Registration Deadline: 3rd March 2019. Additionally, I am among the top 40 delegates who will be provided with the round trip air-fare as well.
I've been bearing expenses of my past events on my own, hence this is my first crowdfunding campaign and I seek your help in making my efforts reap fruits.The World Youth Conference is truly going to serve as the gateway for my dreams and is definitely going to be a door for my future endeavors in the field of sustainable development and raising youth voices for environmental protection.
I'd highly appreciate any contribution made for this, be it very small!
Sharing a bit about my background, apart from being an environmental enthusiast, my impulse to explore the chaos theory has led to me to discover various incredible platforms especially for the promotion of SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation. Currently I am working as an intern with UNESCO New Delhi (Science Sector) on urban water issues. I come from a small district of DehraDun, a place where the eyes of youth like me await for oasis of global acknowledgement and exposure.Some of my proud achievements that I'd like to share are:
- Selected as 'Youth Leaders as Change Makers (2019)' – LEAD India and Public Affairs Section, The US Embassy program
- Selected as a panelist among the Indian Delegation for the World Youth Forum: Egypt 2018 (fully funded) to deliver my thoughts on the issue of 'Water security and climate change'
- Coordinator (Asia-Pacific region) for 'YouKnow! - Youth Knowledge on Water' - Water Youth Network team
- Campus Ambassador for World Humanitarian Summit 2016, Rio+23
- Selected Delegate for LCOY (South - Asia)2016 (fully funded) - 'Climate Change & Sustainable Development (UNFCC COP23 Bonn, Germany)'
- Represented India in the 9th South Asian Inter-University Festival (SAUFEST)
- Among the top 10 speakers awarded at 25th National Youth Parliament, New Delhi
- A devoted UN Volunteer: supported many organizations all around the world in drafting funding proposals for developmental projects and conducting research
Brief overview of the 'WYC 2019' - The World Youth Conference facilitate a process that strengthens effective youth participation in the planning, implementation and evaluation of various global issues of the world which refers to the process of defining the future global development framework that will succeed the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) of the United Nation. Theme of the conference is 'Partnership with Youth to Achieve SDGs: Moving from Policy to Action'. The agenda also includes the encouragement of government to adopt and domesticate the World Programme of Action for Youth (WPAY) in line with their national priorities and also to enhance global network of young people across the world empower to share experiences and exchange ideas on conservation of biodiversity for sustainable development, to eradicate poverty, to explore new tourism destination, to discover new ideas on health and educational etc.The details of the estimated expense are :
Registration fee : 300$ (till 3rd March,2019) (21,200 INR)
Additional fee for accommodation: 300$ (21,200 INR)
Total : 42,400 INR