I come from a lower-income minority family from Mumbai, also referred to as the urban poor. My mother is a retired clerk and my dad is a driver. People from our walks of life rarely dream but are rather forced to join the rat race just like I was 5 years ago when I graduated as an Engineer to support my family. We are thought from our early days that we can be successful only if we are rich because everything requires money, whether it is education or medical expenses. Fortunately, I decided to quit the race and pursue my dreams of becoming a scientist and I need your help.
Have you ever heard of Computer Vision? Machine Learning? Neural Networks? These are some of the latest concepts in technology that have numerous applications in Healthcare, Government, Space, etc. But unfortunately, there are very few scholars in India who are pursuing research on these topics and that is why we are decades behind technologically than countries like the USA, Japan, China, etc.
I have been selected to pursue research under some of the best scholars and professors in the field of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence at The University of Massachusetts at Amherst, which is an opportunity of a lifetime.
- Graduated In Top 30% of the class
- Researched and published a paper on Visual Cryptography while in Engineering
- The only student in my batch of 80 students to receive admission to a university in the Top 20.
- 5+ years of Research and Development experience in Computer Science
- Advocate for Women in Science on social media
- Mentor to many girls who desire to pursue science.
- Received multiple accolades at work for quick thinking, research, and going the extra mile.
- First-person in my family to pursue a degree in the sciences let alone an advanced degree abroad and I hope I can pave the way for others.
Pursue a Ph.D. and set up research labs in India
I and my family have exhausted our personal savings towards my education, and I am taking up a loan as well but it still isn’t enough. Your contribution will be of great help to me. In advance, I sincerely thank you for spreading this campaign through your personal and professional networks. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, as I would like to be as transparent as possible with this campaign and its funding request!
Fees and Living Expenses (2 years):
Tuition, Service Fee, Graduate Senate, Mandatory Health Fee, Student Health Plan = 72164 USD equivalent to 53,87,000 Indian Rupees.
Rent, Estimated Food Costs, Miscellaneous (books, supplies, etc) = 49062 USD equivalent to 36,62,000 Indian Rupees
- Admit Letter
- Fee and Expenses estimate Letter
- My Resume