Spreading love & care for marginalized and vulnerable kids from last 23 years...........
Who we are and What we do
For 23 years C.F. Andrews Memorial English School ( In the name of famous "Deen Bandhu" Charles Freer Andrews, "Friend of India" as named by Mahatma Gandhi ) Tharpakhna Ranchi, India - The home place of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, has been catering to the education and health of nearby low-income community. [ For more about C.F Andrews; https://bit.ly/2Ql881N ]
( The Olympiads promote the study of aforementioned subjects to identify the talents and help them to shine in competitive exams for bright careers.)
What Stopped the school
In this adverse global situation and new normal of online education, even for the basic level, it has really become challenging to carry forward the "FLAG of EDUCATION" which we at the C. F. Andrews Memorial English School of Ranchi, India had been following whole heartedly where we believed that any societal prejudices, superstitions, discriminations, disparities, gender, religion, caste, class, community and economic status should not be a hinder for the smart and needy students.
What Students Need
To win in the next normal, we, the social representative of the school went to the field, spent weeks to identify the top most functional & emotional needs of the student and teacher’s which emerged out clear & loud that -
- A stable internet connection and a device is must to access the online classes
- "Fear" and "Sadness" are at present core emotions due to uncertainties to continue education with digital dependencies.
How Your Money will be used
Any support raised from the campaign will be used in a transparent manner :-
1. For purchase of mobile phones which will be donated to selected 100 students who are not able to buy them.
2. For providing educational stationeries to selected 100 students who are facing acute financial crisis.
3. To adjust the fees stopped coming from students/ families because of their crisis.
( Some quotations from Mobile vendors are attached in the "Supporting Documents" section below)