Diabetes is a chronic condition in which your pancreas cannot produce
Insulin. Without Insulin, the food you eat cannot be used by your body
for energy, putting your life in danger. External Insulin is crucial for the
survival of kids with Type 1 Diabetes because their body produces
What is the cure?
Unfortunately, there is no permanent cure until now. However with daily
monitoring and Insulin injections throughout their lives they can live a
About the foundation:
Juvenile Diabetes Parents Foundation (Gujarat chapter) represents 350
kids with Type 1 Diabetes and their parents. It was brought into action
by parents of kids with Type 1 Diabetes. We at JDPF are a team of doctors,
parents, and volunteers who work together to provide end-to-end medical
treatment and counseling to kids with Type 1 Diabetes.
JDPF strongly believes in spreading education about the standard of
care for kids with Type 1 Diabetes.We wish to train each child to
become independent. We desire that no kid should be hospitalized with
dreaded complications of Type 1 Diabetes like life-threatening DKA
(Diabetic ketoAcidosis) due to the unavailability of insulins.
That's where you come in…….
The truth is that Diabetes does not discriminate between income groups. We
have 350 kids and unfortunately, most of our kids fall in the lowest income
brackets. Affording the necessary resources for regular care is a huge
struggle for them.
Here’s how your donations can help us help them-
● Spread education about Type 1 Diabetes.
● Provide free Diabetic supplies.
● Revaluation of lab expenses.
● Avoid negligence of health due to high expenses.
● Assure growth in all kids by regular monitoring.
● The positive mental status of the child and parents.
● Ensuring Zero risk.
● Avoid further damage to any other body parts.
● Effective counseling.
● Providing matrimonial services.
● Avoid recurring Hospital admissions.
● A complete Diabetic care center with facilities like Diagnosis and
treatment of Diabetes.
● To organize social awareness programs.
These are the very basic needs of a kid with Type 1 Diabetes in order to
have a healthy daily routine and a good future.
Please help us ensure all children live a healthy life, today!