DONATE AN ICU BED " A BED OF HOPE" | Milaap
DONATE AN ICU BED " A BED OF HOPE"
1%
Raised
Rs.5,000
of Rs.1,000,000
1 supporter
  • AM

    Created by

    Aster Medcity
  • PC

    This fundraiser will benefit

    Poor Children Medical

    from Kochi, Kerala

Story

The story behind the birth of ASK – Aster Sick Kids Foundation

“When a child requires quaternary medical care, families fall under the burden of costs. A prolonged illness could completely wipe out all savings and assets of the family. Still they might not be able to afford the cost of medical care. A group of doctors, inspired by Late Dr Alexander Chacko, who believed “

 Image source: Aster Sick Kids

No child should be denied quality health care for want of money” perceived the need for a charitable organization to support the underprivileged families. This vision was fondly supported by Dr. Azad Moopen , Chairman, Aster DM Healthcare Ltd and founder of  Aster DM foundation.  Aster DM Foundation is the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) of Aster DM Healthcare Ltd. Philanthropic initiatives of Dr. Azad Moopen is being carried out under the umbrella of Aster DM foundation.  
            
Aster Sick Kids Foundation is the charitable arm under Aster DM Foundation based in Kochi, India. It strives to provide every child with world-class health care regardless of their financial background;  by contributing towards the cost of lifesaving treatments to needy, underprivileged children under 18 years of age.

Image source : Aster Sick Kids


If the need is genuine, 75% of an underprivileged child’s hospital fee is waived


Children from BPL families or those from orphanages/care homes automatically qualify for treatment; as do children who have lost the only earning parent. Those from poor socio-economic backgrounds are also considered for the Programme on a case-to-case basis. The Foundation extends its reach to children being treated in other hospitals, as well.

“We run a thorough assessment of their need and economic background. Once the eligibility is established and the need is deemed genuine, we collaborate with partners and waive off 75% of the total bill, thus leaving the family to pay only the remaining 25%” – Aster Sick Kids Foundation.


Image source: Aster Sick Kids

"ASK foundation has disbursed treatment support worth Rs. 2 crores so far to around 400 patients over the last five years. ASK is also actively engaged in other community connect activities such as donating mobility devices to people with disabilities, conducting medical camps, awareness programs, child safety training, BLS training, fundraising events, etc. "  

If 5 years' effort could save so many lives, how many more lives can be saved in all the years to come? Now, the foundation has come up with yet another impressive initiative to further extend its support. 
Image source: Aster Sick Kids

Their latest initiative “Bed of Hope” – A charitable ICU bed for children around the year

The initiative “Donate an ICU bed”, the first of its kind, proposes to ensure the availability of one charitable bed around the year. The bed will be used for those children, coming from economically deprived families. The beds also serve as critical care beds for those that need prolonged intensive care. The campaign stands out in that, it forecasts the fund requirement, thereby enabling hassle-free fundraising. In other words, it’s always ready to receive patients. With everyone joining hands, this campaign can help save the lives of thousands of critically ill, and helpless children.

Image source : Aster Sick Kids

How you can donate an ICU bed and save lives

ASK has come up with a model that can help waive 60% off the patient’s bed fee; together, with the help of the hospital, and the Milaap donors – you. Below is an illustration for a better understanding of the model.

Estimated Per Day Bed Charge for the ventilated patient: Rs. 30,000
Hospital waives 30% off the fee       = Rs.9,000
ASK contributes 15% of the fee        = Rs. 4500
Donors contribute 15% of the fee    = Rs. 4500
Patient pays only 40% of the fee      = Rs. 12,000.

"Therefore, for every one rupee donated by you, ASK and the hospital will match with three rupees. This way, hand in hand, we can help save lives of those who have nobody to turn to." - Aster Sick Kids Foundation.


The Aster group has been finding new ways to contribute towards healthcare for underprivileged children, incessantly. With this new initiative, they now aim to save children from diseases; and their families from a lifetime of debt. Together, with ASK, you can help save little children, with big dreams. Click here, to donate today.

To learn more about the patient support stories and community connect programs, you can visit their Website and their Facebook. 

Read More

support